Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions regarding the Sony NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Questions regarding the Sony NEX Reply with quote

OK so i purchased a NEX3 for a very good price body only, and a m42 adaptor.
Now i have looked but cant find the answer
The Adaptor i purchased does not have an AF confirm chip in fact i could not find any on ebay.
So when focusing does the screen use the squares to tell you where it has picked up focus?
Also do i need a Focusing helicoid?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony NEX has excellent built in magnify and live view, don't need any AF confirmation chip.

All M42 lenses will work with this adapter just fine.
Helicoid don't need if mounted lens have it already.

You need to care when change lens , sensor is very close to mount easy to touch it with finger accidentally.

Another problematic area is focusing on rare LCD due no EV finder, on sunshine it can be problematic. There is several shade and viewer solution to help in focusing. I am using an LCD viewfinder and I see LCD like a 40" LCD television. Another member use LCD shades.

http://forum.mflenses.com/sony-nex-focusing-aid-t36934.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry eddie, no focus confirm on ANY lens adapters for ANY mirrorless digicams. magnification helps, but i do love my 5d focus confirm!

if properly affixed to adapter and adapter to cam, and setting set to MF on cam, should be able to focus by turning lens focus ring, viewing thru lcd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good choice !
In the menu on "setup" set :
- MF assist : no limit
- Release w/o Lens : Enable
- LCD Brightness : auto or sunny weather (if it's necessary)
- AF Illuminator : off

and go !
everytime , use the magnifier in one of the positions for helping focusing .
It's much better than AF confirm + Viewfinder 1.32x magnifier combo on my EOS XTi