Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sankyo Kohki Komura 100mm F1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Sankyo Kohki Komura 100mm F1.8 Reply with quote

Sankyo Kohki Komura 100mm F1.8 with Exakta mount.

I just got this lens and it's absolutely mint condition. I wasn't looking for this lens and didn't even know it existed to be honest, but found it by accident and couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy it. I bought this from a private seller online at a reasonable price. The lens takes 62mm filters. It has an odd proprietary thread mount on the rear barrel of the lens, its 48mm. From what I've read there are different adapters for this lens, I just wish I could find one for M42. Luckily I've got a Sony e-mount to Exa adapter and got to try it out today for the first time. I've posted some sample shots on my Instagram page if you'd like to have a look. The pics are tagged with #komura100mm. I didn't take too many pics today, but the few I took I'm very impressed to say the least! I absolutely love this lens. I can't wait to use this for some portraits.

https://www.instagram.com/nardonmisc/
Happy Shooting!

#1 Front view - aperture fully open

#2 Top/side view

#3 - Rear view - aperture 1/2 open.

#4 - Rear view showing the rear barrel threads of the lens, Exa adapter taken off, and a cheap Chinese E-mount to Exa adapter.

#5 - close up of the 48mm thread

#6 - side view with lens hood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some sample shots from today. I've done very little editting, only adjusted exposure and white balance. All are shot F1.8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever see one of those lenses, I will buy it. It's a focal length that I like, and the speed makes it really attractive. Your pictures show off what is obviously a very nice lens.

My only experience with a Komura lens is a 28 / 3.5 in Minolta mount which I bought expecting great things, but sadly I think the lens is de centered and very poor. But I have a couple of Komura teleconverters and they are certainly far better than most of the other brands.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, classic Ernostar rendering. Great find, congrats!
Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are "cult", collectible lenses and quite expensive usually.
Not easy to find cheaply.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Friends

Nice to see you have an excellent copy and you are happy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones on ebay are twice the price of a Zeiss 85 1.4.........

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, anybody could confirm me the year manufacturing date of this lens? 57-60? Am I wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Hi, anybody could confirm me the year manufacturing date of this lens? 57-60? Am I wrong?

Being a preset, it could easily be in the 50's, being 100/1.8 & T mount may push it into the 60's, and longer FL's were late to the Auto party.
I'm sure someone here knows with more certainty than I do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Assuming the first two digits of the serial number is the year, I believe they were made from 1965 to 1969?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome lens and great find. Now you could look for the 105/2 and the 85/1,4 too 😊

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

Early 70's. It isn't included in the published lists of the 1960's. Appeared first in the Feb.1970 program. Solely unidapter series, as far I have seen, thus later than 1965. Never seen one with fix lens mount or automatic diaphragm, which product line also started 1970.

Cheers, Frank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Early 70's. It isn't included in the published lists of the 1960's. Appeared first in the Feb.1970 program. Solely unidapter series, as far I have seen, thus later than 1965. Never seen one with fix lens mount or automatic diaphragm, which product line also started 1970.

Cheers, Frank

Good to see you here !! Thanks a lot for your incredible website - it's a lot of fun to read and to browse Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura 100mm F1.8 Reply with quote

DonN wrote:
Sankyo Kohki Komura 100mm F1.8 with Exakta mount.
It has an odd proprietary thread mount on the rear barrel of the lens, its 48mm. From what I've read there are different adapters for this lens, I just wish I could find one for M42.

I never saw a uni to m42 but people using the inner ring of a t-mount adapter for komura uni m48 for years. some older t-mount has a m47 or m48 0.75 thread inside (probably for tokina m47 lenses and uni m48) and some has a bigger flat hole that fasten by 3 screws. its gonna be a bit destructive but infinity is not a problem becuz its basically a m48 t-mount.