Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-50 5cm RED P F3.5 Leica screw L39 -Sony -NEX M39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Industar-50 5cm RED P F3.5 Leica screw L39 -Sony -NEX M39 Reply with quote

Even post processing , it produce typical 'un-coated' lens picture.
Without contrast fixing it has very week contrast.

Hi-res images are here

Last edited by Attila on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is strange, usually this lens is very sharp and neat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
This is strange, usually this lens is very sharp and neat.

This is older silver finished Red P marked not latest black lens.

Marc have one he also did report this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I never had low-contrast results like this. Did you use a hood? Are there a lot of cleaning marks? Is there haze (really, really check for this!)?

It's not a contrasty lens by any means but something is definitely wrong with yours. Sad

Perhaps it was cleaned prior to your ownership and the internal coatings were taken off?

Last edited by themoleman342 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:

I never had low-contrast results like this. Did you use a hood? Are there a lot of cleaning marks? Is there haze (really, really check for this!)?

So I did remember wrongly, I didn't use hood and lens is quite clean, I think there is no haze also. Perhaps mine was cleaned and no coating any more etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps mine was cleaned and no coating any more etc.

Sorry, I edited my response before I saw yours. I do think that's a possibility.

The industar 50 and 50-2 are both very susceptible to catching sunlight from the side. This is the type that affects the contrast of the entire frame. The best solution is to use a 35.5mm to 43mm step up ring and attach a hood to that. The hood is not only good for reducing the chances of flare but it also offers a good sized grip to operate the tiny aperture ring at the front.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have plenty of hood , but some how always left them home Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow for some type of romantic photographs, the effect may be interesting.