Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enlarger lens mount (Componar)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Enlarger lens mount (Componar) Reply with quote

Hello experts,
in a recent surge of interest for enlarger lenses, I bought a Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 135/4.5 as in picture. From info I found around before buying it, I was somewhat expecting an M25 mount, M39 at max (and please consider I never saw an enlarger in my life Smile ). Instead there what I suppose to be a plate mount. It seems screwed on a thread (something less than 50mm diameter), perhaps blocked by a dent that could hide a tab (top side in the picture). I tried pulling the dent and unscrewing, without success.
Apart from the fact that I see ways for adapting that plate to some other mount, is there someone willing to enlighten me on enlarger mounts and this one in particular?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that lens but I'm fairly sure that the device at the bottom of the lens will simply unscrew, however it might be stuck or correded.

Last edited by jjphoto on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few Schnedier enlarger lenses, plus Schacht and Rodenstock ones too, they are m25 or m39, one is something wierd and about 32mm.

That plate will just unscrew, underneath will be a screw thread mount.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have a few Schnedier enlarger lenses, plus Schacht and Rodenstock ones too, they are m25 or m39, one is something wierd and about 32mm.

That plate will just unscrew, underneath will be a screw thread mount.

That weird one is a fairly common Schneider size, 32.5x0.5.

Last edited by jjphoto on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schneiders are all M25 or M39, all the rodenstocks are M39, it's one of my Schacht's (a 75mm Travegar I think) that's got the 32-ish mm thread.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual trick for mounting is to drill out an M42 body cap and fix them in there.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. I tried to unscrew, but it seems stuck. Regarding using a body cap, it is what I thought, although the mount is significantly larger than M42 body cap.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably corroded on. Try a little WD40 or other lubricant and then careful and discreet use of a vice and wrench.

patrickh