Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Solms Camera Show Nov 2008 - the Report...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Solms Camera Show Nov 2008 - the Report... Reply with quote

OK, here we go.

Once again, it was a great experience to be at the Solms Camera Show. This time I went with a friend of mine and we had a great time.

Again, so much fantastic gear - and so little money. Wink

I have the impression that the prices (although still pretty high) have become considerably lower in the last years. Very special items are very expensive (Nikon 28Ti like new for €450,-), but there are more and more lenses and cams that are sold at rather nice prices.

Just to mention some:

- Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2.8/180 (outside looked like new, blades perfect, inside some dust and perhaps the first signs of fungus?) for € 100,-

- Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar MC 2.8/180 (latest version, brandnew and thus mint!) for € 190,-

- Tomioka Revuenon 1.4/55 in very good condition for € 70,-

- Leica Summicron 2.0/35 (late version, absolutely mint!) for €330,-

- Nikkor 1.4/50 (with some spots at the front lens) for € 30,-

etc.

I have talked to many sellers, some were really friendly and entertaining (others... OK, let's just forget them Wink).

Here are some shots:

The seller on the left with the dark jacket, who is almost hidden by the seller in the front, was very interesting to talk to, a Leica collector for decades, he had much to tell!

You could get older and newer stuff there...

...and of course almost all the additional equipment you could wish for.

The gentleman on the right (with the grey jacket and red shirt) is my favourite seller. We immediately shake hands when we meet and start to talk for quite a while about lenses and so on. Oh, do I have a problem if a seller knows me that well?? Wink

Some valuable M-stuff had to wait for customers behind bars. Laughing

As you can see, I was not the only one who shot with a Leica lens on a Canon cam. Wink
This guy seemed very nice. I have given the mflenses address to him...

Not only 35mm film...

This is a Steinheil Casca, a very intersting rangefinder cam with exchangable lenses. The price for this cam? About € 400,-.

It just was a great place to be...

BTW, I have bought several lens caps and hoods as well as this little lens gem:

And all shots from the fair taken with this one on the 40D: Wink

JPG, straight from the cam, apart from resizing no PP. What a fantstic lens!!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report, thanks for sharing !!
So, since when you are owner of the Summicron 50? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice reportage Carsten!
congrats for your new 50mm, it seems to make decent photos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Great report, thanks for sharing !!
So, since when you are owner of the Summicron 50? Very Happy

Since Nov 29. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very dangerous places to visit! I always find myself with more lenses and fewer money than expected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention that I saw a Rollei Distagon HFT 2.8/35 (very nice condition) for € 70,-.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you had great fun! Many thanks for nice report! I wish to see some pictures with your new lens!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent report as usual Carsten. Cool

Thank you for taking the time to do it too. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drule... Laughing
I'd like to go to one of those. Unfortunately they dont have them here in Scotland. Plus I wouldn't have the money I suppose... Embarassed