Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enna München Ennalyt 4.5/240mm 2 out of 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Enna München Ennalyt 4.5/240mm 2 out of 4 Reply with quote

Wide open samples on 5DmkII. I have 4 lenses of the same type. I choose 2 best of them.
Different weather for each though second specimen a bit warmer. Kids are my daughters.

Despite many criticism i am sure if this lens is healthy it produces very usable output.

First sample:

Second sample:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd sample is better in my eyes because it seems slightly sharper and it doesn't make your children cry Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sets! Images have a nice vintage look, bokeh is interestring and the colours look OK. Bit low on contrast, which I guess it to be expected from a lens of that age. Many thanks for sharing Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find them ver pleasing, and i'm surprised by the sharpness and color. may i ask if this is an m39mount adapted to m42? the reason i ask is i just yesterday bought one that was listed as m39 and now i'm wondering if its a true m39 or one of those made for the old m39 zenits that really are m42 lenses...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Nice sets! Images have a nice vintage look, bokeh is interestring and the colours look OK. Bit low on contrast, which I guess it to be expected from a lens of that age. Many thanks for sharing Smile

+1

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather like mine; just a simple long M42 tube with glass at one end. It will be my lens-of-the-day in a couple days; I'll see how it picks out faces from crowds on the streets and flea markets in Santa Fe NM. I doubt these were ever made as M39s for Zenits. AFAIK the Russians never captured Munich. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I have all 240mm in M42. Recently i have found rare 2.8/135mm version with native T2 (cool for Nikon users). Can't say about your m39.

martyn_bannister wrote:
2nd sample is better in my eyes because it seems slightly sharper and it doesn't make your children cry Smile

Smile she cried since these were her first days of using bike without supporting wheels.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, there are several m39, or at least claimed m39!, on ebay. mine said specifically m39 leica.

after a tad of web research i'm wondering if the m39 claim is not just a mislabled t mount. in any event, one 'm39' ad made it clear this was not a rf lens, as i thought, but m39 for the bunch of zeinit like m39 non rf cams...

not what i thought when i bought it as compact tele for my ep2, but hopefukky it will yield results like yours, esp first set, which i consider quite good.