Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multicoated Jena Tessar?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Multicoated Jena Tessar? Reply with quote

I've bee looking for a multicoated Jena Tessar 2.8/50 and haven't found one that says MC in red on it. The Sonnar, Pancolar and Flektogon with the red MC letters are easy to find, but the Tessar of the same age doesn't seem to have the red MC letters on it.

So I'm wondering, was the Tessar single coated even after they were putting multi-coatings on their other lenses?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there was no MC Tessar from Zeiss Jena

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was felt that the low number of glass to air surfaces in Tessar made single coating efficient enough even after the introduction of MCs. Costs versus benefits, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xes, I think so, too!
Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only MC Tessar from Carl Zeiss Jena would be Prakticar 50/2.8, a PB bayonet lens. It's rather rare as it wasn't made in large enough numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't know of any MC labeled Tessar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black is MC even not marked with MC I think with latest serials surelly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
black is MC even not marked with MC I think with latest serials surelly.

Haven't seen one myself, and I have maybe 10 copies... even the latest ones have the usual blue coatings; they don't look multicoated at all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the black ones aren't MC, I've had three of them, same blue/purple coating as the earlier zebra ones.

The Tessar design doesn't need MC really, I just wondered if there were any from Jena, other than the rare PB version.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple try them zebra , alu , black in light where MC is matter and see. All have visible difference if I remember as well if you are lucky you have Icarex TEssar too, it would be interesting comparation. I don't have time to do it, I love all of them anyway Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Icarex Tessar is a Color-Skopar, they just put the Tessar name on it for some reason.