Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50mm f2.8 (B39 mount)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50mm f2.8 (B39 mount) Reply with quote

The lens is dated around 1956. It's in B39 (Braun Paxette) mount. All shots wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got it producing a really attractive rendering to my eyes Alex. Rich autumn colours. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. Congrats Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
You've got it producing a really attractive rendering to my eyes Alex. Rich autumn colours. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. Congrats

Thank you!
Actually that's not exactly my merit. I expected this lens to have rather low contrast and muted colors - turned out I was wrong, it renders beautifully indeed.
Good sharpness was predictable though, as it is the classic Tessar design.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:

Thank you!
Actually that's not exactly my merit. I expected this lens to have rather low contrast and muted colors - turned out I was wrong, it renders beautifully indeed.
Good sharpness was predictable though, as it is the classic Tessar design.

Probably one of the few (only?) 50 2.8 Xenar's I don't have is the Paxette iteration. Funnily enough I also had the idea this version was a bit below par, but I can't for the life of me remember why I thought that. Oh well *sigh*, ebay it is then Smile .