Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-S 35mm/f2.8 pre-AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-S 35mm/f2.8 pre-AI Reply with quote

This was my "normal" lens for a couple of decades. I retired it a couple of years ago after it became just too wobbly and nicked. Then I found a perfect copy and couldn't resist (but haven't shot anything with that one yet).

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice to me! A bit glow around the edges in #1, but maybe that was intentional (open aperture)?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, both are very well done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures. The glow/blown highlights works very well on first photo.
The slide film look is very pleasant.

Recently I bought a camera with a couple of lenses and this is one of them. Mine is from 1973/74, so the last version of old style pre-AIs.
It is a very contrasty lens, but not the sharpest one. The center is good wide open, but the corners fall behind until f/5.6.

Here is a photo I took yesterday. The weather was dull and almost night. I think it was closed to f/5.6:
"Ceci n'est pas vandalisme"

There is no other PP than resize and a bit of unsharp mask.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a film image with this lens. F2.8, 1/30th, Fujicolor Superia 400.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a lovely portrait.
A very good lens - well handled
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Tom. It wouldn't do to blow this image up too much, but I'm glad to have this record of her.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1