Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Listar 135/2.8 M42 Preset lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Listar 135/2.8 M42 Preset lens Reply with quote

This arrived in the same batch as the Flektagon.It is a lovely old metal lens very heavy in the hand.
It has the front end that screws off to reveal a set of 2 loose rings that fall out one ring is brass looking and is thick the 2nd ring is very thin and flimsy they just sit there and do nothing?With the front glass off you can see the aperture blades and have easy access to them.Here again is some quick and dirty images.When the weather improves i will post up sample images from this lens.

#3 The front end removed revealing the rings...spacers?

#4 Note the double aperture numbers?

Last edited by mo on Sat May 14, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have an E at the end of the serial? If so, it's a Sankor lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took awhile to get back...It has an S at the front of the serial number 16460 No E at the end.It is a very heavy 135mm lens the heaviest I have.
Here are some quick samples it shows purple fringing and is quite soft even stopped down...It is a challenge to use the preset ring so I have missed recording F stops...mainly F 4-F11.
You have to lift the top ring with the aperture numbers then turn until it finds the F stop then it falls into place easily.(I hope I am using it correctly.. Rolling Eyes )It does handle the reds very well I think.A lot of PP done on these.

#6 There is very noticeable purple fringing and the soft glow on the white rose.

I do like the Bokeh and I think it adds a bit of Pop to some of these.There some lens coating issues on this lens internal and at the rear.
What do you think? I should add it has about 15 Blades.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm not blown away by it. But it looks cool Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold it be a Tokina lens? It has the same bold lettering as the Soligor/Tokina 105 and the focusing as well as aperture rings looks very similar

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:
Cold it be a Tokina lens? It has the same bold lettering as the Soligor/Tokina 105 and the focusing as well as aperture rings looks very similar

I have no idea.I am not that impressed with it but taking it out a few more times may help me find its "Character"...and it does look good. Very Happy
The coating loss may not help it either. Sad