Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40-2 - Spring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 - Spring Reply with quote

Normally not my kind of photography, but the sun was shining bright and my kids couldn't be bothered to act as models.

Helios 40-2 f4:

Helios 40-2 f1.5

Helios 40-2 f1.5

And now something totally different:
Finally I made a deal with my daughter. One picture for the price of playing a game with her afterwards. But she doesn't look very enthusiastic... Very Happy

Helios 40-2 f1.5

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else can I say except : "WOW all four of them" ?
This lens performs MIRACLES.

Will you submit some of them for our calendar?
I myself promise I will submit entries for february and March this weekend.

I really want this calendar to become a beautiful thing.
I thought about this: together with the picture of the month, I will also place a small picture of the lens it was taken with - not generic lens, I mean the _very_lens you all have taken the picture with.

That will be a nice touch I think and something that as fas as I am aware of, no other calendar has done yet (although probably they will copy the idea after having read it) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portraits are the best area for this lens, especially black and white , excellent capture from your daughter. I not use mine for other purpose than portrait shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What else can I say except : "WOW all four of them" ?
This lens performs MIRACLES.

Will you submit some of them for our calendar?
I myself promise I will submit entries for february and March this weekend.

I really want this calendar to become a beautiful thing.
I thought about this: together with the picture of the month, I will also place a small picture of the lens it was taken with - not generic lens, I mean the _very_lens you all have taken the picture with.

That will be a nice touch I think and something that as fas as I am aware of, no other calendar has done yet (although probably they will copy the idea after having read it) Wink

Thanks for your comment. I'll post a few in the next days. And I even made a pic of this _very_ lens an hour ago for my website... Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Portraits are the best area for this lens, especially black and white , excellent capture from your daughter. I not use mine for other purpose than portrait shoot.

Ohh ooh I think you're too restrictive here!
Look at the bokeh of those flower photos of Michael!!
That is pure poetry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say, second image (the Judas tree blooms) is my favorite image. Perfect balance of all elements (color exposure bokeh detail)

But I must note, how you got PERFECT the focus on your daughter's face!
And yes she displays a character there!!
I feel already sorry for her future husband 30 Years from now!! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I feel already sorry for her future husband 30 Years from now!! Laughing

Not necessary. You have to feel sorry for Yvonne and me, sometimes she's a little devil, like her brother too. But a lovely one. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

Ohh ooh I think you're too restrictive here!
Look at the bokeh of those flower photos of Michael!!
That is pure poetry.

You are an artist, I am a hobbyist , if I see again you have right like a story book illustration, thanks for open my eyes!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

You are an artist, I am a hobbyist

There is no "artist person" and no "hobbyist person". There is just the works.

I try to explain myself better. Artist and hobbyist, are labels. Labels have no value. The only thing that matters is the works.
People without the faintest idea of what art is, can make artworks, everyday.
And people who call themselves "artist", and strive all life to become one, and be called as one, may be totally sterile.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to get back to the war stories. This because I think that during the war times, the truest in the humanity comes out.

In my family, like most people, they had to suffer big hunger. I was told often by my grandmother, when i was a child, how hard it was for her to see everyday her three daughters starving, and asking her mother for food. And she had nothing to give them.
She said this is the most burning pain that a human being can feel: have your son or daughter starving and asking for food, and not having anything to feed them.

Well, she said that when they could get their hands on something good, like a piece of bacon for instance, she had to make it last as long as possible.
So what did she do. She used to prepare the soup, with whatever they had available (a little pasta, in the lucky days - or dried bread, or whatever vegetable they could find in the garden), and in order to make it taste better for her daughters, she used to take the things (vegetables, bread, whatever) and rub them against that piece of bacon that she was keeping, because this would have given the other stuff a more acceptable taste, and for a much longer time than eating the bacon immediately.

Well: this, to me, it looks like art.

Last edited by Orio on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, true.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, lovely pics! I can almost see a storm coming behind your
daughter's eyes! Smile

Bill