Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 3.5/40-80 Contax CY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 3.5/40-80 Contax CY Reply with quote

The above photos have been taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beautiful area you live in. Your photos make me feel like I am there visiting.
The countryside and the first long street shot are my favorites.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
A beautiful area you live in. Your photos make me feel like I am there visiting.
The countryside and the first long street shot are my favorites.

Thanks Ron, I'm happy that you enjoy the virtual visit.
It feels the same for me when I see photos from other distant countries.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect quality what one expects from Zeiss glass.

Superb landscape shot #3, this was the right moment to release the shutter. Very even lightning between sky and ground. Looks a bit like you would have used a ND-grad. filter to darken up sky a bit.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:

Superb landscape shot #3, this was the right moment to release the shutter. Very even lightning between sky and ground. Looks a bit like you would have used a ND-grad. filter to darken up sky a bit.

Thanks. I understand that it can look like some ND filter or HDR, but it's the shot pretty much "as taken"! I only adjusted the exposure and white point if I remember correctly. There were these dark clouds, with holes in them that let pass through sun rays that formed "patches" of light on the ground. It was like one of those holy paintings with the resurrection of Lazarus. It was an amazing afternoon, one that rarely happens here.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes exactly, it's when those dark-heavy clouds appear and sudden a sunray breaks through and lets the meadows gloom. Happens much too seldomly, but when it happes I always get the feeling that I have too less SD-cards with me Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio,

Do you still own that lens? Beautiful pictures. Prices of C/Y Zeiss zoom lenses are dropping now.