Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh XR Rikenon 2/50: great contrast
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject: Ricoh XR Rikenon 2/50: great contrast Reply with quote

There are some nice samples and good reviews of this lens spread here and there in the net. Some call it "poor man's Summicron". As long as I don't have Summicron, I can only enjoy the Rikenon's qualities of its own.

I am really excited to discover how contrasty and pleasing in colours the images are coming from this lens. It is enough to make a quick auto-contrast or to touch slightly the contrast slider thus correcting the SOOC jpeg which Sony Nex tends to slightly overexpose with this lens on.

Converted into BW via a quick desaturation, the images produced by this lens simply shine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots.

In #2 it seems to separate the blue shades quite well.
A nice sharp keeper for sure!

I have a later Ricoh 2X teleconverter here that I am tempted to experiment on with changing mounts.
The coatings on it are very impressive.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too. Good contrasts indeed. The best variant is the all metal built xr rikenonen 50mm 1:2 without additional L or S which have plastic barrels.

According to the diagrams at Lens DB it has a different optical formula as the 1.7 variant. Both 6/5 but very different (compared with e.g. Takumar 1.8 and 2.0 lenses) elements.

2.0 and 1.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the feedback, fellows!

D1N0, the variation of optical schemes looks interesting.

In terms of close performance to this great Ricoh lens I'd rate Cosinon-S 2/50 which gives similarly saturated colours and contrasts, very nicely conbertible to BW.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Thank you for the feedback, fellows!

D1N0, the variation of optical schemes looks interesting.

In terms of close performance to this great Ricoh lens I'd rate Cosinon-S 2/50 which gives similarly saturated colours and contrasts, very nicely conbertible to BW.

thx I'll look out for one. Shouldn't be a problem to find Wink