Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Bronica Reply with quote

Fast fall I made the decision to use my Bronica cameras and shoot MF film again so I started a album dedicated to Bronica S2A through GS-1 and started shooting again. None of the images are contest material, many just tests of one lens vs another or old out-dated film. Your welcome to have a look, I hope to update it soon. It only contains images taken since 9/2016 with Bronica cameras.
http://www.pbase.com/rick_jack/bronica
regards,
Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those old Bronicas are really excellent mf cameras. I had an EC-TL outfit that it took a long time to put together. It was the second back that took the longest. EC and EC-TL backs were as rare as hens teeth back then. Almost the only way you could find an extra EC or EC-TL back was to buy a camera to which it was attached. I got lucky though and found just the back. Paid good money for it, too.

I ended up selling the outfit to buy a new computer, which, in retrospect, was a pretty dumb thing to do. I've wished many times since then that I'd kept that outfit.

Currently I own an ETRSi, which IMO is the best 645 system around, with the possible exception of the rather rare Contax system. My ETRSi's Zenza lenses are as good as any I've seen for MF. But those old Zenzas and Nikkors were also some of the best lenses I've ever used. I have only one sample photo taken with my EC-TL that I've digitized. The Painted Desert in northern Arizona. Near as I can recall, I was using the 75mm Nikkor for this shot: