Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tessar 50/2.8 Alu and the Belair(car)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Tessar 50/2.8 Alu and the Belair(car) Reply with quote

This weekend was our local festival...nothing too exciting like Orios Very Happy But it always features classic cars.I will (hopefully) be putting a few more images up from the parade.
I took the Tessar with me because I liked the length it covered and I like its abilities.I also took the Tamron 103A 80-210,I did not really use the Tamron at all because the length was too long to be really useful in a close up situation.It is hard to know what lens/lenses to take to this sort of event.If the crowd stays behind the lines/ropes all is ok and you can set your shots but when the kids get excited and push on the ropes you take what you can get... Laughing
Luckily for me this car was parked and did not go in the parade but unluckily for me it was in the shade and sun...which I still find hard getting the right exposure.Some PP applied.

#4 Oops this is the interior of the white ford parked besides the blue belair,this interior was more interesting!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- hmm - that tessar really shines - fantastic lens

by the way == where is purple fringing? Wink

tf

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can not find it being more experienced...I doubt very much I could... Laughing
The sun was behind me if that helps.. Cool

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics Moira, the fuzzy dice had me cacking myself.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very patriotic dice at that!
We do not get many bikes in the parade maybe some of you bikers should get up here and show these cars up.
This is all that turned up in the bike department

Last edited by mo on Sun May 01, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, you should have seen the oldish cars we spotted over the Easter weekend, mainly pre 50s machines. There was something on west of Melbourne and we kept spotting them in our travels. In Portland there was a vintage bike gathering. We managed a pic of a 1919 Triumph but missed the rest of the bikes. I suppose we should have quizzed its owner on where they were congregating.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images mo...the colours are fab! By the way, you seem to have managed a self portrait in the bumper of the first shot Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at the bumper I could not see myself? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I had a look at the bumper I could not see myself? Very Happy

Ah, must be someone else then Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing No that is a boy walking across the road,seriously I think I am in the blurred section where the sun is.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that car!

The Tessar has escaped me; two versions with stuck aperture and a slow 50 at that is enough to put me off Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I love that car!

The Tessar has escaped me; two versions with stuck aperture and a slow 50 at that is enough to put me off Wink

With this Tessar I had to pay,the seller assured me it was in good order and it was.mind you to get it working I would have paid for it to be serviced.I do love this lens and its "look a like cousin" the Alu M42 Biotar.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful colors mo. mustve been a fun event, except cant figure out why the sttering wheel is on the wrong side of the car! Laughing