Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Noflexar 8/600mm first time out
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Noflexar 8/600mm first time out Reply with quote

First time out for this lens that looks like a rocketlauncher (see it here)

The giant is very noseheavy, therefor it is quite a challenge to keep it stable.

Even the deer were surprised that nothing lethal came out

One of them can imitate emoticons

It will take some time before i get the maximum out of this giant, but one should keep something to work on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, great serie! You did a good job and your "rocketlauncher" seems also good to take pictures Laughing ...I like the first one but the "imitate emoticons" one's is also a great funny catch Very Happy ...
I have tried several times to take some pictures of the deer but never could get close enough Sad .....
Was it shoot in the area of Dronten???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
WOW, great serie! You did a good job and your "rocketlauncher" seems also good to take pictures Laughing ...I like the first one but the "imitate emoticons" one's is also a great funny catch Very Happy ...
I have tried several times to take some pictures of the deer but never could get close enough Sad .....
Was it shoot in the area of Dronten???

These deer live in 'Natuurpark Lelystad' where they have an area that is so large that it is quite normal to walk around there and not see any of the more than 40 red deer. Because of this large area the animals behave 100% naturally. The only thing that differs from the normal wild red deer is that they are somehow used to humans in their neighbourhood and therefor are not half as shy as the wild populations that are found on De Veluwe.

The other area where i used to go deer-hunting (the camera-way) was the open part of Oostvaardersplassen where i sometimes was surrounded by some 150 of them, the whole population there is about 1500 red deer. It was in that area where we learned to walk close to them, in the beginning they fled at 150m of more, the last years we managed to make portraits from distances as close as 15m whitout the deer even getting nervous. This area however was closed for public last winter due to some politcal reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toeteraar wrote:
These deer live in 'Natuurpark Lelystad' where they have an area that is so large that it is quite normal to walk around there and not see any of the more than 40 red deer. Because of this large area the animals behave 100% naturally. The only thing that differs from the normal wild red deer is that they are somehow used to humans in their neighbourhood and therefor are not half as shy as the wild populations that are found on De Veluwe.

The other area where i used to go deer-hunting (the camera-way) was the open part of Oostvaardersplassen where i sometimes was surrounded by some 150 of them, the whole population there is about 1500 red deer. It was in that area where we learned to walk close to them, in the beginning they fled at 150m of more, the last years we managed to make portraits from distances as close as 15m whitout the deer even getting nervous. This area however was closed for public last winter due to some politcal reasons.

Thanks for the info...I will for sure try to go one time in Lelystad! And it's a shame that the Oostvaardersplassen is now closed for public Sad ...I took a look on Internet and it seems to be a beautiful nature area.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are excellent considering the focal length of that lens...must be hard to handle!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
These are excellent considering the focal length of that lens...must be hard to handle!

+1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

The focal length is to be handled, i also have a 600mm mirror. The build length of this giant makes it quite challenging. On one side it screams to be used handheld, on the other side it cries out for a heavy tripod.
My aim is to use it as flexible as possible, preferrably with only an extra shoulderstock, maybe with assist of a sturdy monopod.
To keep it short: Some learning still has to be done Very Happy

On the positive side: Focussing this giant is a complete pleasure. The contrast is so good that even at F=11, my AF-assist reacts Cool
The schnellschuß-focussing is almost as quick as normal non-USM AF and as my eyes decide rather than a sensor, it will never start hunting or hesitating.