Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cheap alternatives for soap bubble effect
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: cheap alternatives for soap bubble effect Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum.

I like the so called soap bubble effect produced by the trioplan lens. However I checked on ebay and they are not cheap, besides that, as I understand it, they are not available for Nikon-F / Ai mount.

So question: are there cheaper alternatives that produce a comparable bokeh?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinon 55 f2.2. It's common, cheap, available in M42 mount and used wide open with highlights in the out of focus background produces circular 'bubbles'. The lens is quite sharp as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I have no experience with adapters M42 -> Nikon F mount. Do you have some recommendations there? Do you know an good adapter that preserves infinity focus?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Nikon guy, but I'm sure that most of the adapters from M42 to Nikon that you find on eBay or Amazon would be OK.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/lens-with-bokeh-like-meyer-trioplan-100-2-8-t69119,start,135.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Thank you.

I have no experience with adapters M42 -> Nikon F mount. Do you have some recommendations there? Do you know an good adapter that preserves infinity focus?

Thanks again.

No such thing. Nikon register too long. Adapters need glass to reach infinity, so IQ is badly effected.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Look here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/lens-with-bokeh-like-meyer-trioplan-100-2-8-t69119,start,135.html

Interesting thread and great reference-thanks.