Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help figuring out lens please....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Help figuring out lens please.... Reply with quote

So there is a shopgoodwill listing that has interesting unlisted lens. It is the lens on the left in the second picture. the EF II 50/1.8 usually goes for about 50$ on these auction sites, but this is at 131. So someone is apparently privy as to what the other lens is, but I cannot figure it out. From the looks, it looks like some canon wide angle lens. Can anyone help me figure it out just by looking at it? Smile I would be impressed and thankful.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a Canon EF 24mm 2.8

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/EF-lenses/EF24mmf14LUSM/index1.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotografiasol wrote:
Perhaps a Canon EF 24mm 2.8

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/EF-lenses/EF24mmf14LUSM/index1.htm

That is a very good guess. I believe so too now. Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link on the goodwill auction pages that you can click on to ask questions about items. I do this often if I can't read what is on a lens or if they haven't included enough images for me to tell what they're offering or any number of reasons. I've found that they're usually quite good about answering these inquiries. So that's my advice. When in doubt, don't hesitate to ask them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
There is a link on the goodwill auction pages that you can click on to ask questions about items. I do this often if I can't read what is on a lens or if they haven't included enough images for me to tell what they're offering or any number of reasons. I've found that they're usually quite good about answering these inquiries. So that's my advice. When in doubt, don't hesitate to ask them.

Yes, I usually do that too. Only problem is, they can sometimes take a while to get back to you, and that auction was ending in 2 hours. Did not pursue the auction since I'm trying to save funds to justify making purchase on upcoming auction I got my eye on. Good advice though, as always, Cooltouch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

Yes, I usually do that too. Only problem is, they can sometimes take a while to get back to you, and that auction was ending in 2 hours. Did not pursue the auction since I'm trying to save funds to justify making purchase on upcoming auction I got my eye on. Good advice though, as always, Cooltouch.

Well, I've passed up more than a few auction there for the same reasons you mention. I find it often takes them at least 24 hours to get back to me with an answer, and like you, I too have to strategize my spending there. It can often be a target-rich environment. Wink