Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

To Much Abstraction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: To Much Abstraction Reply with quote

So I had this idea to get this shot of a couple walking out of frame set against a lush green background. I was struck by their intimacy from seeing them earlier, and imaged myself capturing some ideal shot. Turns out I was peddling deep into the land of cliche here Razz It didn't really work. The couple are just far to small in the image for it to make any real sense, the relationship is non existent, it looks lonely. But then I bumped the contrast tab. All of a sudden like a negative, I saw some instance of the relationship I had imagined.

The couple are right of frame with this "energy" for lack of a better description trailing behind them as if it was lighting up the areas they had traveled from. Somehow radiating this feeling I observed from then but failed to understand or articulate in a traditional coloured image.The question naturally tho is, does this now bunch of pixels give any hint of what I managed to project on to it?

A perhaps calmer version, (metaphysically speaking) is this image here,

It points nothing to this emotional element I'm faping on about earlier but I found the texture created by the shadows in the grass interesting enough, along with enough form to describe some sort of travel the couple has been on or covered.

It all kind of reminds me of some charcoal drawings, and I like that, But does anyone else....... Razz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hadn't mentioned that there were people I would have missed them altogether. Very Happy

I Think #2 does work a little better in the "relationship portrayal". I wonder if they would work as a print, to see if what you have created on the monitor works as a B&W print? I don't mind a bit of creativity,what did the original look like.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I'm having myself on a bit here Razz The ppl are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to small.. orig looks like this..

Actually went and printed them at 8x6 this afternoon, and yes the first image makes no sense. Razz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, at least you are trying things Very Happy Maybe you should paint it.... you have the idea,you have something to work off... nothing stopping you Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what. Indeed. Why not :p.