Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar T 80mm f2.8 in Exakta mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:
I have a beautiful, bulky and heavy (Zebra)Jena Sonnar 180mm f28 that has a Pentacon 6 to M42 mt. on it. I have the lens sitting in the sun -the mount is not coming off easily. I am hoping that the hot summer sun will loosen up the mount enough for me to take it off. Very Happy -so I can try it on the Tessar.

Definitely worth a try. The Tessar I have has the Exakta 66 mount which is quite a bit smaller than the P6 mount, however. Also, I'm not sure the back focus for Exacta 66 and P6 are the same.

Really, I thought the Exakta 66, Pentacon6 and Kiev 60/Kiev 6 all shared the same mount(breech lock) and same register distances which is 74.1. I'll have to double check.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
pdccameras wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:
I have a beautiful, bulky and heavy (Zebra)Jena Sonnar 180mm f28 that has a Pentacon 6 to M42 mt. on it. I have the lens sitting in the sun -the mount is not coming off easily. I am hoping that the hot summer sun will loosen up the mount enough for me to take it off. Very Happy -so I can try it on the Tessar.

Definitely worth a try. The Tessar I have has the Exakta 66 mount which is quite a bit smaller than the P6 mount, however. Also, I'm not sure the back focus for Exacta 66 and P6 are the same.

Really, I thought the Exakta 66, Pentacon6 and Kiev 60/Kiev 6 all shared the same mount(breech lock) and same register distances which is 74.1. I'll have to double check.

I have a set of P6 extension tubes and I couldn't get them to fit on the Tessar. I think the modern Exacta 66 that came out several years ago does have a P6 mount, but the original model from the 50's has something else.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:

I have a set of P6 extension tubes and I couldn't get them to fit on the Tessar. I think the modern Exacta 66 that came out several years ago does have a P6 mount, but the original model from the 50's has something else.

This is going to be educational for me - Very Happy .Thanks for clearing that up-so what I need is an adapter -Old Exakta 66 to M42. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
pdccameras wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:

This is going to be educational for me - Very Happy .Thanks for clearing that up-so what I need is an adapter -Old Exakta 66 to M42. Very Happy

Well, yes, but it would be exceptionally rare if it exists at all! The good news is that if you look carefully at the Old Exakta 66 - Exakta 35mm adapter that is on the Tessar already, you will see it is a very simple affair - just a roughly conical Aluminum tube that surrounds the old mount and is held on with three set screws, with the 35mm Exakta mount slapped on the back. Even a mediocre machinist could knock one out in about an hour - less if you supplied an m42 mount ring so threads didn't have to be cut! I will draw up a sketch and post. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Well, yes, but it would be exceptionally rare if it exists at all! The good news is that if you look carefully at the Old Exakta 66 - Exakta 35mm adapter that is on the Tessar already, you will see it is a very simple affair - just a roughly conical Aluminum tube that surrounds the old mount and is held on with three set screws, with the 35mm Exakta mount slapped on the back. Even a mediocre machinist could knock one out in about an hour - less if you supplied an m42 mount ring so threads didn't have to be cut! I will draw up a sketch and post.

I see the possibilities- sure I'd love to see a sketch. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
pdccameras wrote:
Well, yes, but it would be exceptionally rare if it exists at all! The good news is that if you look carefully at the Old Exakta 66 - Exakta 35mm adapter that is on the Tessar already, you will see it is a very simple affair - just a roughly conical Aluminum tube that surrounds the old mount and is held on with three set screws, with the 35mm Exakta mount slapped on the back. Even a mediocre machinist could knock one out in about an hour - less if you supplied an m42 mount ring so threads didn't have to be cut! I will draw up a sketch and post.

I see the possibilities- sure I'd love to see a sketch. Very Happy

Here is one way to do it. This is the simpliest, most cost-effective way I could think of. Chop about 10mm off the existing Exakta 66 -> Exakta 35 mount and stick on a T-mount inner ring. Now you can put whatever kind of T-mount adapter on the end of this lens: from Alpa to Zeiss! No threads have to be cut, either, so the machine time on the lathe is fairly minimal. The machinist could get fancy and pin the t-mount race in place with some tiny dowel pins if he/she wanted to, but I don't think it would be necessary. Cheers! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed / simple drawing. Very Happy -Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a way to mount my Czj tessar 8cm 2.8 exakta 66 1950's on something as well. M42 would be ideal, or exakta.

Anyone up to making a adapter that has the machinist gear? PM me.