Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens elements of Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 75/1.5 fat model
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Lens elements of Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 75/1.5 fat model Reply with quote

Hello, i have Carl Zeiss Jena biotar 75/1.5 fat model with serial number 6xxxxxxx. There's many cleaning marks in the front element (maybe it affects picture result in softness). I have a plan to change this front element, but i just wondering to change it from the same lens (older) but with serial number 3xxxxxx.
Everyone, i need your information or suggestion whether i can change that front element. Thank you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with the lens with serial number 3xxxxxxx ?

Don't ruin a lens if you don't have to.

Also, just cleaning marks on the front element should make little difference.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Whats wrong with the lens with serial number 3xxxxxxx ?

Don't ruin a lens if you don't have to.

Also, just cleaning marks on the front element should make little difference.

The lens with serial number 3xxxxxx is already for spare part only. There's 1 in ebay. If i win, i have plan to replace the front element (because lookslike better) and also to replace aperture blade (mine is without blade). Do you think i can replace the aperture blade too?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Biotar 3xxxxx is also a "fat" alu version, probably.

If not, who knows. Its a gamble.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

br.sigit wrote:
... I have a plan to change this front element, but i just wondering to change it from the same lens (older) but with serial number 3xxxxxx.
Everyone, i need your information or suggestion whether i can change that front element...

Please read my 2 comments here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/crazyness-limit-where-t37086.html

As far as I know from these magazin article (regarding Zeiss!) and the fact that in some older lenses some handwritten numbers are common, I would not recommend to swap lens elements between different lenses from same type.

I wrote my thoughts about the element changing a month ago - so my reccomendation is not too much influenced by biding on the same lens Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe possible, maybe not. Zeiss changed with some lenses the glass during production time. It is a gamble.
And maybe it is a gamble to remove the front glass of the 3xxxxx Biotar because of the messed up front ring, too.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Maybe to replace lens elements is a gamble. But guys, how about to replace aperture blade from the same lens? Is it possible? My biotar 75 has no aperture blade. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that should be possible.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

br.sigit wrote:
Thank you. Maybe to replace lens elements is a gamble. But guys, how about to replace aperture blade from the same lens? Is it possible? My biotar 75 has no aperture blade. Smile

Probably better exchange the complete optical system with iris?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
br.sigit wrote:

Probably better exchange the complete optical system with iris?

+1,

If it's possible, more economy of efforts, and better job

Rino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i'd love to change complete optical system with iris. But there's no available one in ebay right now. only available for spare part only or incomplete optical system Smile.