Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-S 35mm/f2.8 pre-AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-S 35mm/f2.8 pre-AI Reply with quote

This was my "normal" lens for a couple of decades. I retired it a couple of years ago after it became just too wobbly and nicked. Then I found a perfect copy and couldn't resist (but haven't shot anything with that one yet).

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice to me! A bit glow around the edges in #1, but maybe that was intentional (open aperture)?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, both are very well done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures. The glow/blown highlights works very well on first photo.
The slide film look is very pleasant.

Recently I bought a camera with a couple of lenses and this is one of them. Mine is from 1973/74, so the last version of old style pre-AIs.
It is a very contrasty lens, but not the sharpest one. The center is good wide open, but the corners fall behind until f/5.6.

Here is a photo I took yesterday. The weather was dull and almost night. I think it was closed to f/5.6:
"Ceci n'est pas vandalisme"

There is no other PP than resize and a bit of unsharp mask.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a film image with this lens. F2.8, 1/30th, Fujicolor Superia 400.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a lovely portrait.
A very good lens - well handled
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Tom. It wouldn't do to blow this image up too much, but I'm glad to have this record of her.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1