Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Modified FD SSC 50/1.4 or rare?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Modified FD SSC 50/1.4 or rare? Reply with quote

I don't ever recall seeing an SSC 50/1.4 look like this, I kind of like it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-FD-50mm-f-1-4-F-1-4-F1-4-1-1-4-50mm-f-1-4-1-14-SSC-Lens-Mint-Condition-/111226452993

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a CANON CANON lens Wink First time see one like this. And never saw the "CANON" tag in yellow. On some asphericals, the word "ASPHERICAL" is yellow. Conclusion - it's aspherical lens Smile))
P.S. mine is a usual one. white tags and silver back skirt. S.S.C, but no asph. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seller seems good at lens decoration. Look at this Click here to see on Ebay.

Last edited by calvin83 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lens decorating" ..... LOL ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
"Lens decorating" ..... LOL ! Very Happy

Or Lens painting Click here to see on Ebay . Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, decorating....
I can't see canon doing a special Edition of the SC 50/1.8
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Canon-FD-50mm-S-C-1-1-8-F-1-8-F1-8-50mm-f-1-8-Lens-Manual-Focus-Lens-/00/s/NjEwWDY0NQ==/z/0GAAAMXQsmFRb1zi/$T2eC16JHJGMFFpOFSb99BRb1zhiN9g~~60_3.JPG

This Chinion looks nice too.(copy and paste as the "("breaks the internet.)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Chinon-55mm-f-1-4-M42-mount-lens-by-Tomioka-Japan-/00/s/NzQ3WDc0Nw==/z/XEsAAOxyuDpSEI4P/$(KGrHqZ,!r!FIO1gD(5mBSEI4OY-6Q~~60_3.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
This seller seems good at lens decoration. Look at this Click here to see on Ebay.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Is there something irregular with the lens?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

You have seen another copy with the exact golden sticker covering one of the screw on the barrel?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely, with that one, not much that I can see.
Different versions here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=55686

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Bille wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

You have seen another copy with the exact golden sticker covering one of the screw on the barrel?

Sadly, I haven't seen many Fuji lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Bille wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

The price looks a bit irregular too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seller just paints lenses, polishes them up, interchanges vanity rings, and lists them for 2-3 times their value. Sadly, when the lens arrives to you, you discover that the glass isn't nearly as pretty as the body.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeec wrote:
That seller just paints lenses, polishes them up, interchanges vanity rings, and lists them for 2-3 times their value. Sadly, when the lens arrives to you, you discover that the glass isn't nearly as pretty as the body.

Not much different from gokevin really, except gokevin doesn't even bother with the art work before the 'revaluation'.

I'm still waiting for someone to start listing the U.S. Navy FD's as 'U.S. Navy Seal version, rare!'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azimuth68 wrote:
eeec wrote:

Not much different from gokevin really, except gokevin doesn't even bother with the art work before the 'revaluation'.

I'm still waiting for someone to start listing the U.S. Navy FD's as 'U.S. Navy Seal version, rare!'

At least Kevin has accurate discriptions with lots of pictures, the only thing is the prices are a bit high and he will only come down 10% and nothing more, even if it's been listed for a year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some lenses from a seller, they seem to look like they are in very good condition, some look like they have been doctored, as in steel wool to make the lens look new.... Or buffing
Opinions?
http://stores.ebay.com/InFocusLenses/LENSES-/_i.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can grab a bottle of Testor off the shelf and do a mod like this one in about 10 seconds.

Last edited by Gardener on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, I really am in love with the buffed-up 100mm Trioplan for only US $1,000 . . . so reasonably priced !