Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange 'fungus', Nikon 85/1.8 K
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Strange 'fungus', Nikon 85/1.8 K Reply with quote

Hi guys,
i got thei len while ago, seller said it has some sand inside, focusing rig was hardly moving and felt like sand.

But when i took that lens and keeped for some time, same haze appears under the front element, when i placed it on the deck it disappears.

Today i dismatled it, and took it in my hand again.

getting smaller

took in my hands again

Also it has some don't-know-how-to-name it on the walls of the bigger cemented element (under front element),

something like some flektogons 50 have.

What is it all?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me cleaning liquid went into lens elements and still there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm... previous owner opened it or wanted to open front element, so there are marks on rings.
Maybe it was dropped to water o something.

So hazing coz of cleaning fluid?

and what is this on flektogons?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is happen with other lenses too, I had Olympus OM 24mm f2.0 with similar trouble which is a top lens from a top maker. Inner black paint is start to take off. I didn't see any trouble on images what I did took with my Olympus OM 24mm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it is different then
i have no space between glass and walls