Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Auto S2 Hexanon 1.8/45mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Konica Auto S2 Hexanon 1.8/45mm Reply with quote

Konica Auto S2 + 35 MM SPECIAL by Nesster, on Flickr

Swanger Bros Machinery by Nesster, on Flickr
Neopan 400

Goblin by the swings by Nesster, on Flickr
Neopan 400

Self with Konica by Nesster, on Flickr
Neopan 400

Twilight of the t.g., act II, the concrescence of vision by Nesster, on Flickr
Memories 200

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shoots from a great camera!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Selfie Jussi!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mirror portrait looks incredible, just love it, all of it, but specially because it looks like a photo inside another photo - I just don't get it how you got the deep depth of field in the mirror image and the shallow dof around Shocked

the Konica Auto S2 is one classy looking camera!

Last edited by kuuan on Wed May 25, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ! Konica .. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...the conscrescence of vision..."

NICE title, and even nicer image. Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice camera, and great pics. Is the plastic bag your photo bag? Smile

I had a couple, and all exhibited very wobbly lenses, which is a common problem for these cameras. I ended up selling both of them.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one, with the fog and the green lights, is magical.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics and camera.

All the konicas have sweet lenses.

The 1,9 lens of the III s and of the S auto is as good too. For some people is better.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work there, the dog particularly.

I just got an Auto A, and fixed the shutter. Lets see what happens with that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Konica is a really nice beast, with an excellent lens. I'm leaving the meter un-adjusted, as the top ASA is 400, and I have to compensate -2 stops... giving me ASA 1600 as the top film speed with modern film. I kind of like that over having an extended slow speed range.

A couple from the most recent roll of Kodacolor 400, CVS scans all of them:

Train Station Awning, Bloomfield NJ by Nesster, on Flickr

alley by Nesster, on Flickr

magnolia by Nesster, on Flickr

To show total lack of focusing skills Laughing

88030003 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konica Auto S2 with the Hexanon 45mm f1.8 lens is a truly magnificent image maker. (It may not be as solid a mechanical camera, although ergonomically it felt prefect in my hands.) I bought an Auto S2 new in 1966 and it instantly made me a better photographer. When you saw what that lens could do, you didn't want to let it down. Years later the shutter stuck, I put it aside for later repair, and sadly it has not turned up since.

Nesster's beautiful photographs show what the lens can do. It is well corrected, sharp across the entire frame with only a slight fall-off in the extreme corners. With black and white film, it has high contrast with lots of punch. With transparency film it has quite a different and I think distinctive look. Soft, honest colors with a real "your are there" (or maybe a nostalgic you were there, in memory) feeling.

Even Nesster's out of focus image is useful. It shows the pentagon shaped out of focus points of light that I remember well. Those shutter blades could also turn up as a faint image when a bright light reflected off an internal lens element. The latter means the coating was not up to later standards. I don't care. It's still a lens that will make you fall in love.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

牛逼!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small