Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XR Rikenon 50mm 35mm 200mm lens test 1979
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: XR Rikenon 50mm 35mm 200mm lens test 1979 Reply with quote

XR Rikenon 50mm f1.4
XR Rikenon 35mm f2.8
XR Rikenon 200mm f4
Popular Photography lens test November 1979

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Judging from their multilayer coating, all-aluminium focusing helicoids, and strong, simple autodiaphragm mechanisms, the 35-mm f/2.8 and 200-mm f/4 are produced by the same firm (possibly Asahi Pentax?)"

^ This was the bit that caught my eye. I thought that Ricoh manufactured their lenses? If not the suggestion of Pentax seems odd as these lenses would be in direct competition with theirs.

Do Rikenon XR lenses work on Pentax DSLRs or is there a pin which fouls the camera?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The early Richoh lenses have no problem with the pin, only the ones made for the program cameras have that.

I have an earlier set of tests too - for the very first Ricoh K mount camera, they came right out and said Asahi made the lenses - the shorter ones were old K style (Pentax had come out with the M) but the 200 was the same as the Pentax M.

I think there was more variability as to who Ricoh sourced their lenses from in the 80s.