Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmarit-R 19/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Leica Elmarit-R 19/2.8 Reply with quote

These were taken with the first version of this lens, I am told that the second version is a large improvement and is much less prone to flaring. I have not tried it, but I can confess that this lens does flare quite badly in certain circumstances. Most likely due to it's massive bulbous front element which also makes it rather hard to transport. It does not give itself easily to using filters either for that matter, but I still love it to bits, being one of my favorite Leica lenses.

There is almost no distortion, it renders even the most minute detail and even tho it has contrast killing flare if you have a light source hitting it at an angle, if you keep it in the frame, it does magic with it. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty WOW result! Thank you for sharing them!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure, glad you like it Smile
it's hard to take a bad picture with a sunset like that tho, so I can't take all the credit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great subject certainly help a lot, but need something plus you and lens did it very well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a small crop, but the jpgs do not do this lens justice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the pictures, even with flare. The colour of flare is warm, so it is not disturbing
did you use your Canon or did you scan it ? Can´t see exifs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a hood could help?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is with the hood, i never take it off. Tho it's a rectangular hood and my adapter slightly shifts the lens, giving it not the right 135mm coverage.

And yes, this was taken with my 550D, it's lenses like this that makes me wish i had a fullframe body.
If I had scanned it, i would probably have scanned the negative with my dSLR anyways, so the exif doesent really say anything except it's from a zoom of 1-63443mm.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Leica Elmarit-R 19/2.8 Reply with quote

[quote="Nisseliten"]

this shot is absolutely gorgeous

sometimes, technical imperfections add character to an image

thanks for sharing!