Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A nice evening with the 105mm f/2.8 preset Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: A nice evening with the 105mm f/2.8 preset Takumar Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
You always seem to have the natural ability make great images. A very sharp lens BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! this preset rules!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, presets FTW! Very Happy

I used my trusty old Pentax *ist DS here. The lens just snaps into focfus, so I only had a few misfocusings today. The good ground glass screen of the DS also helps, of course...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, excellent, excellent! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a superb series, ... I missed that thread so far.

I love the light color rednering of that lens, the not so contrasty micro contrast ... Wink don't know how to explain.
It reminds me on the K135/2.5

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, again Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos are great, but that's Peter the master, no surprise Wink

But if I have to speak of the optical quality that is apparent... I'm afraid to say I'm not impressed. I think you have handled a lot better lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great as usual Peter!! But I have to agree with
Orio, I've seen much better glass in your hands.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the kind words! Indeed, the lens is not a top performer with regards to the bokeh. Maybe the Meyer 100mm Orestor is better. Or the 100mm f/2.8 Porst. I have so many lenses in that range, but the Tak is the best built and still has the best focusing feel.

However, it should be noted that the 105mm Takumar was always presented as a somewhat longer portrait lens. So it's not very sharp but performs better at close distances.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably optimized for short distances then.

However the highlights in the bokeh are of the type that I like less (thin bright edge), because it gets noticed in almost every situation, and what's worse, in some conditions the highlights display the bright edge in green colour and the interior of the circle in magenta colour.
Green fringing seems to also affect some edges of out of focus objects, as in #1 and #6. Not that this is really bad per se (many fast portrait lenses do), but together with the highlights issue it makes for some problematic background. Obviously in more controlled situations as #7 and #8, where you focus close and the background is uniform, you don't have those problems.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, Peter. The second one is amazing, a dramatic 3D effect!.
Thanks for sharing,

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great images, Peter your skills are truly amazing!

btw, which preset is it, the 4/4 or 5/4 version?