Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker & Co. Berlin Picon 3.5/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Piesker & Co. Berlin Picon 3.5/135 Reply with quote

A truly wonderful lens.
Only a simple triplet pre-set, but such rendering.....
OH

No PP on these
Taken on K-10D

@ f3.5

@ f8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done and great lighting,from a window? Thanks to calvins post, I did take my copy out for a spin awhile ago, but all I could manage was a photo of tomatoes on the vine. Portraits suit this lens much better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - overcast day here today and these were taken in our family room with a south facing window.
The light is soft and indirect.
Many old lenses with simple or no coatings give of their best in these conditions.
This one has a subtle softness wide open that I love for portraits of ladies and children.
Nothing wrong with your lens either from the tomato shot
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to bump the contrast, but I think it still lacks a little in the color brightness, other than that I like the amount of detail to be found. I have to agree the softness created by many older lenses work so well in portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a plug for the K-10D and its vibration control.
The wide open shot was taken at 1/15 sec and the f8 @ 1/4 sec - both hand held.
Love my K-10D
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more from this morning.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the bubbly bokeh!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Love the bubbly bokeh!

Thank you JJB.
Bubble bokeh is "manufactured" of course.
Needs the lens to be at or close to maximum aperture, and the distance from subject to OOF background highlights to be suitable.
Lots of lenses will do it and this one does it quite well.
The lens impresses me with its rendering and its colours.
Pentax K-10D and its CCD sensor help of course.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two portraits is very good and the lens renders the skin tone in a nice way. Thanks to the relatively low contrast, the red colour is less likely to be oversaturated.

Here is a photo that I took last time with little processing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The first two portraits is very good and the lens renders the skin tone in a nice way. Thanks to the relatively low contrast, the red colour is less likely to be oversaturated.

Thank you Calvin.
Interestingly, all of the images above were shot in RAW and then loaded into LR5 and given some exposure compensation in some cases.
No other PP was added except for the last one - the red canna lily - which only had a vignette added.
I think that it must be my Pentax CCD sensor that is giving the richness to the colours - as well as the lens of course.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Thank you Calvin.
Interestingly, all of the images above were shot in RAW and then loaded into LR5 and given some exposure compensation in some cases.
No other PP was added except for the last one - the red canna lily - which only had a vignette added.
I think that it must be my Pentax CCD sensor that is giving the richness to the colours - as well as the lens of course.
OH

I think CCD sensor generally have more rich colour than CMOS sensor. The photos on my camera(NEX 5N with a CMOS sensor) will look dull with the default 'Camera Standard' in LR5. I need to adjust a bit to reveal the 'real' color.

Here is a un-processed photo with the default 'Camera Standard' in LR5 before any processing applied. I have to stop the discussion here as we are in the Gallery section.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more from this wonderful lens
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony A7II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7II