Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cheap long lenses | Canon nFD 4,0 / 200 and 5,6 / 300
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Cheap long lenses | Canon nFD 4,0 / 200 and 5,6 / 300 Reply with quote

I do enjoy perfect photographic conditions but most of the year in the Paris area we are only granted a dull grey sky.

But these conditions are perfect for testing optics where you chase for true resolution rather than contrast generously provided by adequately oriented sun rays.

So here I went by a no light afternoon testing my new (to me) Canon nFD 200 F4,0 and 300 F5,6.

These are cheap optics today. But... I think they deliver.

Canon nFD F4,0 / 200mm:

[img]Le banc | The bench by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Statue | High key | Parc de Saint-Cloud by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Sous la voûte | Under the canopy by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Le lierre | Ivy by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

Canon nFD F5,6 / 300 :

[img]Parc de Saint-Cloud by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Parc de Saint-Cloud, l'automne by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Eclairage nocturne | Light pole by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Feuillage d'automne | Autumn Foliage by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

And a 100% crop of same which I consider a pic on its own merits. This lens is incredible.

[img]Extrait de la photo de feuillage | Crop of the foliage picture by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I am sure no one is commenting since you are all over ebay trying to find nice samples of these lenses. Right?

So to encourage you in your quest here are two more pics courtesy of the Canon new FD 300mm F5,6.

[img]Perspective du Grand canal | Perspective of the Grand canal by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Château de Versailles | Fontaines du Parc by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

Last edited by lumens pixel on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
The lenses deliver indeed!
And you know how to get them to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minolfan. The lenses and I were desperately fishing for compliments.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding two pics taken with Canon FD new 200mm f4,0

[img]Les arbres du parc du château de Versailles | The trees of the park of the Château de Versailles by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img]Allée du château de Versailles | The alleys of the park of the château de Versailles by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine results

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The close up of the leaves is indeed impressive. Congratulations, nice pictures, and lens!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. Only best software renders justice to best lenses. I warmly recommend Rawtherapee.