Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[nudity] Carl Zeiss 150mm f/4 C T* Sonnar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: [nudity] Carl Zeiss 150mm f/4 C T* Sonnar Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite portrait lenses. The 150mm focal length is roughly equivalent to a 96mm lens on 35mm. It is extremely sharp and contrasty. Mine is late 1980's vintage, in fact on the bottom of the lens it says "Made in West Germany"

This image is on T-Max 100. The model was placed on a sheet of Plexiglas to add the reflection. This is actually a flatbed scan of an 8x10 print on Oriental Seagull grade 2. Still, this image pales next to the original print.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Taking some distance from the display I can see the subtle tones on the skin. The light of the scene is superb,

Chhers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Excellent! Taking some distance from the display I can see the subtle tones on the skin. The light of the scene is superb,

Chhers,

Renato

Thanks! I usually use softboxes but used silver umbrellas this time to give a more hard edged light and shadows.

The actual print has much more in the way of subtle tones. Scanning either a negative or print produces only an approximation of the original.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I have a dozen of prints and some digital negatives converted from film. Bet which are more "impresive" to me?
There is quit some time I do not post any pic in the forum, and today I will show some pics made with LF and roll film back with the Sinar F2 camera. All B&W, but not "human" work, just studio lightning studies. As I know you like film, stay in tune, maybe some good shots will come,

Cheers,

Renato