Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex 400mm tripod setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Novoflex 400mm tripod setup Reply with quote

It has always been a problem to put a Novoflex Follow-Focus lens on a tripod. I have now found a good sturdy setup seen in these pictures:

I have found that the Pigriff-B is easier to mount than the Pigriff-C, so I have put my newer T-Noflexar from a C system on the B system that I bought in 1969. The tripod mount consists of a Feisol Quick Release Plate QP-300 attached at one end to the PISTAR tripod bracket and at the other end with a part of a Lowland Photo Service long lens bracket. The lens is rotated 90 degrees so the pistol grip sticks out horizontal to the left. This gives a perfect balance (also on Gimbal heads). At the camera end, I have the bellows BAL-U. I can then rapid focus with the pistol grip and slow focus with the bellows (the pistol grip can just be fixed in the infinity position). I have just recently acquired a Novoflex CAST-FINE which is a fine adjustment handle for the current CASTEL-Q focusing rack. It fits perfectly on the knob of the BAL-U and makes precise focusing easier. The T-Noflexar performs quite well on my Nikon D800.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive setup, congrats and thank you for sharing it!