Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 76 - Minolta MD 70-210mm/4.5-5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 76 - Minolta MD 70-210mm/4.5-5.6 Reply with quote

first of all, some thoughts about this lens:
pluses - good colors, smooth bokeh
minuses - very plastic lens, no distance scale

first two photos are without sharpening done

with sharpening:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
no distance scale

Huh ... ?? Never seen such kind of zoom without distance scale!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
no distance scale

Huh ... ?? Never seen such kind of zoom without distance scale!

that surprised me too, letters on it are painted on not engraved, but there is no residual marks if there was a distance scale but was rubbed off with use. there are only marked focal lenghts and aperture numbers

here are the pix of the actual lens:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, you wrote what is really the case Shocked
In former years I had only one zoomlens for my Minolta bodies, from when it came out begin seventies: Vivitar serie 1 70-210mm (Kiron ofcourse). And never looked for a Minolta replacement. I still don't have an Minolta MD-lens in that range. So I have to reckon, I do miss some knowledge. Embarassed
Thank you for your explicite demonstration!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where is the pic of the Minolta lens? Very Happy I see the pic of a Cosina lens. Laughing

All joking aside. This is the last of the production of the Minolta MD lenses. This would of been made around 1991. There is no regular MD version of this lens. There is a Md 70-210 f4 which I really want bad.
I have the Cosina made Minolta MD 35-70 3.5-4.8 and I like it, but haven't shot much with it yet. I haven't bought this version yet but probably will.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I plan on buying the whole series. There was only 5 lenses that were believed to be made by Cosina, and I still think they are a Minolta formulation.
MD 28-70 3.5-4.8
MD 35-70 3.5-4.8
MD 70-210 4.5-5.6
MD 70-300 4.5-5.8
MD 100-300 5.6-6.7

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5