Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repro Nikkor 85mm F1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Repro Nikkor 85mm F1 Reply with quote

I came today across this monster on theBay today and I got scared by the price, is it anywhere near the truth ? or the seller just typed in a number ?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s not a monster if you reffered to it as a size.
85 mm with 52mm filter thread shoud go to a f/4.

Last edited by Himself on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it exists (barely), and that price doesn't seem outrageous for such a rare lens. For macro use, with such thin DOF wide open, it would only be good for shooting rather flat subjects. For non-macro work, I imagine it would be wizard sharp from f/2.8 onwards. Damn, now I need to rob a minimart to pay for it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is the magnification ratio of 1.1 written on the lens not max aperture of f1.0. Pretty small for a f1.0 lens actually. Look at zeiss 85/1.2 or canon 85/1.2 and then compare.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That price is pretty reasonable these days. I am tempted. hehehe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a f1.0 lens and I know it well, yet never actually bought one.
See my friend Akiyama's site http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroom/redbook-e/repro/repro1pon.html