Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Poor man's Tevidon? (Polish Lucar projector lens)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Poor man's Tevidon? (Polish Lucar projector lens) Reply with quote

I've found some great knowledge and inspiration in your forum. I've also learned about Tevidon 50 mm C-mount lens, which was so stunning in samples. Recently I was working on some lens and finally I have samples. Those of you, who use/used Tevidon, can you compare it? Tell if it's as good or at least similar?

Later, I'll let you know what kind of lens it is.

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

No peeking please! Smile

Last edited by pd1987 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the real one sharper, more neutral, has better bokeh and a having larger image circle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original ist somewhat sharper, has much better clarity and fine details, it is much better in corners, it has better colors, better bokeh, less distortion, less curved field of sharpness.... sorry to say everything looks worse than from the Tevidon 50 Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everything is worse than Tevidon 50 Wink
I guess I was charmed by Tevidon's swirly edge bokeh and that was the most important quality for me.

Well... Tevidon is definitely worth it's price and image quality, but I like all unusual lenses and that why I worked on Polish projector lens Lucar 5cm 1.6. It's probably a Petzval lens with 4 lenses in two groups and I adapted it by 3D-printing an adapter.
Here's more: http://lenscraze.blogspot.com/2014/02/zk-lucar-50-mm-116-projector-lens.html