Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AGFA SUPER ISOLETTE - FIRST ROLL FINISHED.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: AGFA SUPER ISOLETTE - FIRST ROLL FINISHED. Reply with quote

hi everybody,
Just got a super isolette but i cannof find from net the link of the instruction manual.
could anyone pls provide me some help on the link to download?
Tks so much in advance !!
Charles

Last edited by charlesyu on Mon May 16, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find one on the site of Jurgen Kreckel:
http://www.certo6.com/cameras/agfa-super-isolette

Good luck with your new camera!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks so much Minolfan !
I have just read through the manual but still i cannot find a answer to my question to the super isolette:

The camera arrive today and it seems everything ok except that i cannot realeas the shutter by pushing the shutter button on the top plate. I can only release the shutter by touching the small arm on the lens barrel.
Does it mean that i have to fill a roll film before i can push the shutter button ? Or a bad copy of camera ?
I have other folders but first time i met this kind of question...
Need help please ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your camera should have an interlock, which means you have to turn the wind knob a bit until you hear a little click, before you can release the shutter by the finger release. It is not necessary to have a film in, which is pretty much something that applies to some 35mm cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing happens when turning the winding wheel, no click sound, so click feel, just smooth running...
the counter remains at A...

and still no way to make a push on the shutter button!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okok----
finally i decided to put a roll inside...
now it works ! i have made 3 shots !

oh my god, this is the most unique 120 folder i have ever met - shutter can only be realeased after rolling the film on-but why agfa did not mention this point in their manual ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected here. Please show us some results soon; it would be interesting to see the RF accuracy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
I stand corrected here. Please show us some results soon; it would be interesting to see the RF accuracy.

Thank you Seele and all others who have shown concern on this thread!
I have been trying to find result for the shutter problem in the last hours but only some minutes ago i decided to test a roll into the camera...

now i crossed my fingers for a perfect image from it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

test shot。。。。[/img]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somemore...

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent catches, always wanted the Super Isolette, and I think they came
standard with the top-of-the-line Solinar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the great fortune of having this show up on an auction site late last summer after months of it being on my radar. I've had fun collecting too many vintage film cameras this past year, but this is the one I'm least likely to ever sell. I try to buy at less than half "world market" prices but I paid higher than usual for this magnificent piece of craftsmanship because I was convinced of the excellent condition. It seems to have had a recent CLA since the viewfinder and everything else is so clean. I'm very pleased with the results from the first roll of Kodak Ektar 100.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st test roll from late summer. Kodak Ektar 100.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked my 1st Agfa Super Isolette so much, I couldn't resist bidding on another one. The focus ring was very stiff and infinity focus was off. After a little TLC and tinkering, focus is correctly calibrated and the helicoid is silky smooth. The shutter speeds and transport mechanism seem good so I'm running a roll of Kodak's finest Ektar 100 in it. Soon will have an Agfa Super Isolette up for sale. These are amazing 6x6 cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results from test-roll in my 2nd Agfa Super Isolette. Low-res upload. Kodak Ektar 100 Professional film at ISO 100, 1/500 second, probably at f:8. Stockholm, Sweden, near the Southern Station.