Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Couple of NIKON lenses with FP4 + and Old RODINAL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Couple of NIKON lenses with FP4 + and Old RODINAL Reply with quote

Given a bulk tin of 1992 dated Ilford FP4+ by the former Chief Photographer of the 'now-defunct' Yellow Advertiser newspaper group , I thought I would try my 'Old Brown RODINAL' and use the Nikon FE which was my Wife's but as she never uses it I have taken it over into my camera collection. I have used it before and thought the standard 50mm and 105mm lenses were not really so good, but this time I got some really sharp results with very careful focusing and the FP4 / Rodinal combination. Under a x6 magnifier very fine details are resolved just stopped down one stop even . At full aperture the 105mm f2.5 is very good. I used 1+25 and 9.5 mins @20oC.
50mm f1.8 Nikkor at f11

50mm f1.8 Nikkor at f8

105mm f2.5 Nikkor at f4

105mm f2.5 Nikkor at full aperture f2.5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp indeed Pete Like 1 . I'm counting the bricks in every shot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results Pete, the lenses proved their worth.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw this title with FP4 and Rodinal I say to myself that it must be good. And yes it is.
Like 1 small