Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing Domiplan...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Testing Domiplan... Reply with quote

A lens that was given to me and that I never used ... many people talk badly about of this lens
I took some pictures yesterday at sunset with this lens, it is not just to burn, I've seen worse ....
These three shots were taken with NEX3 and Domiplan, I do not know how I managed to hold the camera quite firm, I shoot without a tripod with shutter speeds between 1/3 and 1/5 second! Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people talk, actually waaaay too many Daniele,
but hardly some take the time and effort to find out
what they really have and make good use of if,
rather strive about the newer and better "stuff" and
of course talk a lot about it.

I'm very happy that you're different and take the
time and effort to explore what this lens could do
for you and you got your present for doing that
right here now!

Amazing results!!

P.S.: I should have added that there are no bad
lenses, just bad photographers...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice images.

Sure they was taken at F/8 or 11. And perhaps with PP too.

There are bad photogfrapher, of course, and also bad lenses, especialy when they are used at wide apertures. You can take pics with triplets (3 or 4 elements) wide open and is very probably that have images soft at the center, with very soft corners, look for that effect or not, you have it.

Take the domiplan and take pics at F/2,8 or 4. Except especial effects you arfe looking for, the images are uglys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the comments .... I know there are lenses better than others, but many times it's fun to try to bring out the best that a lens can give you ... is an excellent exercise to improve yourself Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came out as the worst 50mm ever tested in one magazine, but is there a truly awful 50? I had one for a while and tried a few test shots on my 1Ds and it just wasn't that bad. Sure it's not going to give a Zeiss Planar any trouble but I certainly used much worse when I was starting out with a couple of cheap zooms!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:
It came out as the worst 50mm ever tested in one magazine, but is there a truly awful 50? I had one for a while and tried a few test shots on my 1Ds and it just wasn't that bad. Sure it's not going to give a Zeiss Planar any trouble but I certainly used much worse when I was starting out with a couple of cheap zooms!

Wink Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia,

That's why we're here, to prove that 95% of a badly reputed lenses are just weakly used ones, and the spreaded top lenses are just part of the higher average class. Call us myth-busters too,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
danikatia,

That's why we're here, to prove that 95% of a badly reputed lenses are just weakly used ones, and the spreaded top lenses are just part of the higher average class. Call us myth-busters too,

Cheers,

Renato

But you are forgetting that if your camera can take any lens, then why buy\use a Domiplan for say £8 (or free) when you can buy a Zuiko\Canon\ Minolta\Fujinon 50mm etc for as low as £15...unless the Domiplan has something special that other lenses do not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
RSalles wrote:
danikatia,

Cheers,

Renato

But you are forgetting that if your camera can take any lens, then why buy\use a Domiplan for say £8 (or free) when you can buy a Zuiko\Canon\ Minolta\Fujinon 50mm etc for as low as £15...unless the Domiplan has something special that other lenses do not.

Because only a bad worker blames his tools....

A Domiplan doesn't render like those other lenses, it has a very different character and a skilled shooter with a good eye for aesthetics can make good use of that character.

The 'best' lens in technical specs isn't always the right choice when the shooter wishes to create a certain aesthetic look.

Of course, if you only ever take boring shots then any lens is good enough Wink

Dani's shots are very nice. Would they be any 'better' if he'd used a Planar 1.7/50 or a Summicron 2/50?

No.

Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
RSalles wrote:
danikatia,

Cheers,

Renato

Because only a bad worker blames his tools....

A Domiplan doesn't render like those other lenses, it has a very different character and a skilled shooter with a good eye for aesthetics can make good use of that character.

The 'best' lens in technical specs isn't always the right choice when the shooter wishes to create a certain aesthetic look.

Of course, if you only ever take boring shots then any lens is good enough Wink

Dani's shots are very nice. Would they be any 'better' if he'd used a Planar 1.7/50 or a Summicron 2/50?

No.

Smile

Well Dani did well without a tripod so no point in using an expensive lens, and anyway you can always make adjustments in Photoshop......but the memberships shows that nearly everyone doesn't walk around taking shots with a Domiplan and there must be a reason why....especially when you can get well known 50mms for peanuts. Wink
But you never know I have eighteen nifty fifty's but maybe I'm missing out on not having a Domiplan Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely more sensible to pick one good fifty and learn to use it to it's maximum than collect lots of them and never master their use Wink

This forum is full of people who obsess way too much about lenses, the best shooters are those who realise the lens is only a very small part of the overall equation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It's definitely more sensible to pick one good fifty and learn to use it to it's maximum than collect lots of them and never master their use Wink

This forum is full of people who obsess way too much about lenses, the best shooters are those who realise the lens is only a very small part of the overall equation.

Well I don't think members deliberately buy many nifty fifty's , but sorta accumulate them over the years Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third image works best for me . Very good .And wonderful places to live ,to look at and to photograph .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur,

The same can be sad of, for instance, a cheap Pentacon fifty, which price is between 5-15 ukp - I know 'cause I bought 4 of this lens the last month and half.
I always retain the best copy and sell the less perfect copy. Part of the pleasure is to get this lens, make yourself the CLA, put the lens in condition to be used for the next decade and pass to the next photographer's hand. After the service, it's a pleasure to test the lens and realize the excellent job which can be done with.
I'm not a professional lens tech guy, but this is just part of the game. The same can be sad about the Meyer-Optik Domiplan. The fact that the number of copies available today being high doesn't necessarily decreases their quality, only their price.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, I like #1 best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are really good, and I don't think that by saying the domiplan is bad one means that it isn't able to produce good pics, especially when properly used.
Anyway, I see much more capability from the photographer than from the lens here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many comments!

Im not a good photographer (I'm not a photographer) trying to make the most of the camera and lens that I have available, I have improved and I really enjoyed.... Very Happy

However, for these three photos I have taken at least ten ..... Laughing :

Thank you at all!!