Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beroflex auto w.w. 1:2.8 35mm "the little sister"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Beroflex auto w.w. 1:2.8 35mm "the little sister" Reply with quote

Well thats what i call it anyway Smile This was bought by me along with the 135mm a few weeks ago and this was its first outing. Used on the canon 400d at 200 iso, i believe it was f's up to 5 or 8 from wide open. Couple of minutes in LR as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice scenery, ruined by lens Laughing this is a cupboard lens in my opinion. I wasn't like much her brother 135mm lens too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice scenery, ruined by lens Laughing this is a cupboard lens in my opinion. I wasn't like much her brother 135mm lens too.
Maybe it would take good pics of cupboards? Wink I would be interested to hear other opinions as well. I think the flare pic is because of the polarizer being damaged, had some sort of chemical on it, i took it off for all the other shots. Also, i may have over used the temp and tint in lr. here is a pic without any pp, do you think it is any better?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots!
Putting that lens, or any lens for that matter, in a cupboard should be considered a crime. I thought most of us on this forum was running around liberating poor lenses that have been wrongfully sentenced to life in cupboard.
I like the one without pp better actually, the tint unfortunately doesn't do it for me on these shots. #2 is probably my favorite but it's also a bit yellow/green where it shouldn't be..
I really miss Ireland when I see pictures like this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:

I really miss Ireland when I see pictures like this.
Thanks Richard, you wanna swap places ? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the one without PP better, the saturation and colour cast of the others looks a bit off.

I have to agree with Attila, looks like a less than stellar lens.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might not be the sharpest lens in the world, but I think the softness worked with the subject splendidly.
And make me that offer again when the sun is gone completely Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian, not stellar, but maybe stella, and we all like a bit of stella Wink Hey Richard, the sun is long gone from Ireland we had to sell it to meet the troika demands, it is after all the urinal of the gods Smile I had to petition the lord with prayer for the shots above Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool looking tree in the first shot...I don't really like the yellow/green tint either,BUT I really like your last image...the light, the Autumn colors in the trees.I don't know if you did it intentionally but I liked the framing of the house with the tree branches in the top of the frame and the trees on either side.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
That's a cool looking tree in the first shot...I don't really like the yellow/green tint either,BUT I really like your last image...the light, the Autumn colors in the trees.I don't know if you did it intentionally but I liked the framing of the house with the tree branches in the top of the frame and the trees on either side.
Thank you mo, it was mostly intentional but dictated by the view, i wanted to get the seat in so had to step back, i could have crouched down but decided not to. I like the picture, very barry lyndon but obviously without the skill lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Thanks Ian, not stellar, but maybe stella, and we all like a bit of stella Wink Hey Richard, the sun is long gone from Ireland we had to sell it to meet the troika demands, it is after all the urinal of the gods Smile I had to petition the lord with prayer for the shots above Smile

Hard time, hard times indeed. And this time you can't all move to America either Smile
When you speak to the dark lord next time, tell him to send some sun my way aswell.
I agree with Mo, the last one is an excellent image. The bench, the house, the trees and the light really keeps your eye interested. I'd slap it on a postcard any day. And to think it wasn't even made with a leica!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:

Hard time, hard times indeed. And this time you can't all move to America either Smile
!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Feckin al qaeda ruining the illegal iimmigrant trade Crying or Very sad Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Also, i may have over used the temp and tint in lr. here is a pic without any pp, do you think it is any better?

YES!

maxcastle wrote:
al qaeda ruining the illegal iimmigrant trade

I don't think so. More difficult and more expensive, so more selective.
Hardcore criminals make better profit for more risk. Less amateurs in the business.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
Also, i may have over used the temp and tint in lr. here is a pic without any pp, do you think it is any better?

YES!

maxcastle wrote:
al qaeda ruining the illegal iimmigrant trade

I don't think so. More difficult and more expensive, so more selective.
Hardcore criminals make better profit for more risk. Less amateurs in the business.
But harder for us lot to get into the states Smile Consensus seems to be on the natural look then.