Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adapter 'wrong' focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: adapter 'wrong' focus Reply with quote

Hello,
I received a Nikon to EOS adapter from ebay's big_is whom everyone seemed to have a good impression about
I already have an adapter from another seller but the build quality is not very good and the lens moves in it due to a manufacturing reason.

Every lens I own (digital or manual with the old adapter) focuses beyond infinity. Meaning that when you have a landscape and you put the focus to infinity the image is out of focus. With the adapter from big_is when I go to infinity the image is in focus and so for the same reason the lens focuses closer!

Is this a "normal" thing, do i have a faulty adapter, does it really make a difference? What is infinity for anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own four cheap M42-Eos adapters with Af confirm, 3 branded as Pixco, last one noname... so all of them are wrong. Some confirms 1cm frontfocus, some 1.5cm backfocus and none of them confirming right focus ... and then I rely on my eyesight;) The question for me is - the expensive ones are they better?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
no you don't understand I'm not talking about the confirm focus chip or auto focus. I'm talking about the actual manual focus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the register/flange distance is not correctly adjusted by the adapter, you will either lose infinity and gain close-up (adapter too thick) or vice versa (adapter too thin). In the latter case this gains you nil from a photographers point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandro wrote:
Hello,
no you don't understand I'm not talking about the confirm focus chip or auto focus. I'm talking about the actual manual focus.

ah yes, I misunderstood and just cried myself to my problem in this topic Wink sorry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine focuses to infinity, but infinity usually gets nothing in focus (right?), this one doesn't go beyond focus in infinity. I wonder if it's a faulty one or they're all like this. I've read many people here recommending big_is ones