Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sankor 200mm with interflex mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Sankor 200mm with interflex mount Reply with quote

I've been sorting through all the lenses collected over the past two years and found this 200/4 Sankor made lens. It's still in its original box, with manuals. Both the box and manual refer to this lens as an "Interflex mount" model.

Now, I haven't tried unscrewing the mount yet, but I just presumed this was a t-mount. I will dig deeper to find out if it's the same or not. Interestingly, the "Interflex" manual shows a Soligor lens at the bottom, and it looks just like the Tamron 450/8 version!

Here's the lens, with it's typical Sankor red box. The lens has all the known Sankor signatures including the name (Laughing), serial number ending in 'E' and a triangle on the aperture scale, but without the zebra effect of the focusing barrel:

Here's the Interflex manual:

And the mount instructions:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredibly, I found another 200mm Sankor in my box of "lenses I should probably sell if I'm not going to do anything with them".

This one is a 200/4.5 and has the zebra focusing barrel. It's branded Telelumax but we all know it's a Sankor deep down Wink

This one comes with the other common Sankor feature...the brown leather case!

Boxes:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo...after all that excitement it transpires that "Interflex" is just a posh word for "T-mount" Laughing

Here's the outer mount (not the best cut!!!):

And the inside of the mount still on the lens:

Here's the complete Interflex (t) mount:

So there you go...another mystery unravelled!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test shots (very informal!). No pp other than resize and convert to JPG. White balance set to auto on the 5D for all shots.

Sankor 200/4 @ f4

Sankor 200/4 @ f5.6

Sankor 200/4.5 @ f4.5

Sankor 200/4.5 @ f5.6

[/b]

100% crops

Sankor 200/4 @ f4

Sankor 200/4 @ f5.6

Sankor 200/4.5 @ f4.5

Sankor 200/4.5 @ f5.6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting stuff in there !

Neat kit, its great to have the original box.

The "Interflex" flyer has a range of lenses there.

The bottom long lens is a Tamron 450mm, no doubt about it.

The zoom I have seen sold as a Soligor I believe, with "zebra" designs. Also as a Miranda. I wish I knew the maker.

The 135 on top I would say is a Sankor.