Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In depth testing of the Hexanon 35mm f/2.8 on the E-P1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: In depth testing of the Hexanon 35mm f/2.8 on the E-P1 Reply with quote

This morning the day has come out bright and sunny. Time to take profit of the opportunity, after a week of wind and rain...
So I picked up the above mentioned Hexanon, put a circular polarizer on top of the lens and went out all the morning.
Results are quite satisfactory in my opinion. Even if the resulting focal lens equivalence (70mm) is not the best for street shooting. Wink

The lens on the E-P1:

The usual test shots... (many pictures ahead):

In the first place, some buildings:

Some candid snapshots:

Close ups:

The sea breaking against the rocks:

Village's church:

In summary: excelent!... Smile

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Nice to see an another Konica lens lover here, very nice series. This lens is an average one in Konica line up and seems perform well. At least this was my conclusion on my copy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I've found it not bad at all, only a little difficult to focus, but it's free of chromatic aberrations (so common in cheap lenses) and the resolution is fair: Look at this 100% crop of the second one counting from bottom up (the one with the clock):

Maybe not as sharp as the Berogon, but really useable.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Jes, glad to see you got great weather

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica never made any bad lens, this is a good one, just average in Konica line up. Konica was a top maker with many $$ gears.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice series Jes, glad to see you got great weather

Yep Smile but only for one day, past week was a rainy one and the forecast is the same for the next Sad...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Konica never made any bad lens, this is a good one, just average in Konica line up. Konica was a top maker with many $$ gears.

Right, I've just found out. I got a couple of Hexanon 50mm 1.7, one 1.8, an Hexar 200mm f4, and a 28mm 2.8.
The first tests show good performance for them all. Smile
Also I like all of them share 55mm diameter filters.

Let's see what comes out from the others.
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexanon = top class
Hexar = budget lens

This true only for AR mount SLR lenses.

I especially curious for Hexar , because that one is still missing from my collection. I look forward your results! Lovely Spanish houses, people , amazing blue sky , make any lens to excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hexanon = top class
Hexar = budget lens

This true only for AR mount SLR lenses.

I especially curious for Hexar , because that one is still missing from my collection. I look forward your results! Lovely Spanish houses, people , amazing blue sky , make any lens to excellent.

Thanks, Attila Wink
You're right, sun and weather here make easy to shot nice pictures. Smile
Then I'll try next the Hexar 200mm f4.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank your for handle Hexar in priority, I look forward those shoots!