Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guide on adjusting the tightness of bayonet type adaptor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Guide on adjusting the tightness of bayonet type adaptor Reply with quote

Some cheap and expensive bayonet adaptor from China will need an adjustment. If your adaptor cannot lock the lens well, you may try the following.

1. Prepare a flat tip screw driver and an adapor. I use a OM to EOS adapotor here. You will need to adjust three places marked with red arrows.

2. Insert the screw driver to the small gap as shown below. Rotate the screw driver. Repeat this to other locking mechanism.

3. Test the adaptor with your lens. Repeat the above step if nessary.

4. Done. Enjoy your adaptor.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly the best piece of camera-related advice I've seen on the web! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Possibly the best piece of camera-related advice I've seen on the web! Very Happy

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works as long as you don't mount and unmount lenses on the adapter too often. The more often you change lenses, the less tight the adapter will become again. So it's best to have a dedicated adapter for every lens and not take the adapter off at all.