Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor U/S mount same as T4?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Soligor U/S mount same as T4? Reply with quote

You know, I've seen lenses with these adapters for years, but I've never owned one . . . until now. I acquired, along with a camera, a very clean but old Soligor 90-230mm f/4.5 zoom that has an interchangeable mount. I'm thinking it's T4 because my lens looks identical to this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

But I've seen other Soligors with the U/S mount. And I'm wondering -- is there a difference?

I'm asking because I just want to know more about it and I'm thinking that, if I ever hope to sell it in the future, it will need a mount that can be adapted for digital use. Currently it has a Canon FD mount, which isn't particularly good for this.

I'm thinking, though, that the mount alone is probably worth more than the lens, so it's probably just a waste of time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

different...Soligor U/S mount for PK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics -- okay the U/S is way different from the mount on my 90-230. So, I guess this lens is a T4 then.

Anybody got a Nikon F T4 mount for sale? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is T4,I have the same lens. I would have had a Nikon mount but I did not bid in the end due too the price...keep your eye out as they do come up fairly regularly on the bay....but the prices can be optimistic on the sellers part... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, and there's the rub. I can't see spending $20 or $30 on an adapter for a $15 lens Cool -- and that's usually the price of a lens with an adapter included.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cooltouch:

You don't have to spend that much to get a T4 adapter. I've recently bought a few Soligor lenses in T4 mounts, and for the princely sum of $40, I've wound up with a 90-230, 75-260, 28, two MD mounts, a Nikon mount and an FD mount. And another Nikon mount should be arriving today on a 400mm. If it's in as good condition as the other, maybe we can work a deal ($10?).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno -- maybe. Is the 90-230 even worth messing with, though?

I know about a bazillion of the darn things were built, but I dunno much about image quality. I mean, I have a Tamron 80-210 f/3.8-4 sitting here that I paid $20 for, and I'm thinking it will probably beat the snot out of the 90-230 performance wise. So, I dunno . . .