Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Franka I - Frankar Anastigmat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Franka I - Frankar Anastigmat Reply with quote

This copy virtually brand new looking , pretty awesome after many years. Shutter is most accurate what I ever get Shocked

Last edited by Attila on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used too much I believe with a simple shutter and a humble lens. Rarely used amateur camera most of its time probably rested in a drawer. Can be a funny experience to use.
My brothetr gave me a Zeiss Nettar 515/2 with Novar 105/6.3 and Vario shutter (B, 25, 75, 200) . Some black paint off, but looks and feels nearly new. I like such well survived oldies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too I like them very much. Even if this is an ametour camera, construction is better than most others , front panel (lens holder) is rock stable , keep lens perfectly parallel with film.

I have a Zeiss Ikon too with Novar Anastigmat it is make stunning images.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/Zeiss/zeiss_ikon_nettar_novar_anastigmat_provia_100/?

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/Zeiss/zeiss_ikon_nettar_novar_anastigmat/?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples with such triplets!
I just finished the first roll with the 105/6.3, have to take the time for developing the film. May be end of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Nice samples with such triplets!
I just finished the first roll with the 105/6.3, have to take the time for developing the film. May be end of the week.

I look forward your results!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did take out this camera and I did finish one roll Kodak Portra 160NC. Overall my impression is very , very good. Lens holder construction is excellent , one of the best what I seen on folders, shutter is amazingly accurate. Double exposure prevention is works great, no stupid frame counter what is mostly not works or not works fine on old cameras. Red window cover moving easily. I did forgot bring my external RF , so focusing was based on my guess and on other camera DOF scale, hopefully it will be accurate enough at F8 to get sharp pictures.
Lens is simple Frankar f6.3 Anastigmat, usually I use folder cameras at F8-F11 slow lens not a trouble to me. Viewfinder is very clear , most folder what I used was much dusty, this is looks new. Film loading , spooling works smoothly.