Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Like a favourite shirt...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Like a favourite shirt... Reply with quote

These images are of a Fender Jazz Bass, made in the USA. The body and hardware is from 1975, while the neck and hardware shown here are off a '73 model. Body shots will follow - it's with my bass repairman getting its electrics sorted out at the moment...

The 'Like a favourite shirt...' title comes from a friend's comment upon seeing the images of the very worn neck. He mentioned that it was akin to a favourite shirt: worn and frayed around the edges, but hard to throw away Wink

All images courtesy of the Asahi Super-Multi-Coated Macro Takumar f4/100mm on the Canon EOS 40D.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice detail shots!
And I like the comparison to a favourite shirt a lot. It is pretty much so with lenses as well, I guess.
I have some lenses which are perhaps not the best ones you can get - objectively - but they really "fit" me, just like one of those old T-shirts that you would never throw away. Gosh, I even have got some T-shirts that have holes!! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a nice details and very well composed, great series!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series!

last shot is my favourite. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks like it's been through the "Bar Wars." Or would it be "Pub Wars" over there? Cool

Does the body look equally worn?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Definitely looks like it's been through the "Bar Wars." Or would it be "Pub Wars" over there? Cool

He he he - well, whatever about 'Bar/Pub Wars', this baby has been played during its life in El Paso, TX - that's where it came from Wink

It really needs a refret, which is the next project after I get the body back, but that's a pricey job.

cooltouch wrote:
Does the body look equally worn?

The body is really clean for a '75 - natural finish over ash, with very few dings and dents.