Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7D+Kowa anamorphic lens+Nikon 50mm f1.4 Ai-s and+0.5 diopter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: 7D+Kowa anamorphic lens+Nikon 50mm f1.4 Ai-s and+0.5 diopter Reply with quote

Hello again everyone,

Been doing a lot of testing still with the Kowa 2X Anamorphic lens for bell and Howell and the Canon 7D. In these test shots, I used the Nikon 50mm f1.4 Ai-s along with the Tokina +0.5 Diopter. I found that If I set the focus of the Kowa Anamorphic lens to infinity and the Nikon 50mm f1.4 to around 20ft that I could use the tokina +0.5 to focus up to around 8 to 10 feet away. The tokina usually in used to obtain focus up to around 3Ft away. Being able to use the tokina diopter up to 10 to even 12 feet away has greatly improved the sharpness of the Kowa/Canon 7d image from that distance.

here is the link

http://www.vimeo.com/21371442

I hadn't been here in a while so I thought I would contribute something Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what can be seen through the small size, it seems that you have obtained a very good image quality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio,

But I still believe that this video could have been even sharper if not for the the way Canon down-converts the 18MP sensor for stills to a 2MP image for 1080p video. I think is time for canon to replace its Digic 4 processor so that It can compete with the Panasonic GH2.I love the quality of the video that I have seen from the GH2, but I just don't like its small size(In relation to my 7D), its 1.9 to 2X crop factor or its low resolution lcd screen. It has a 1,530,000 electronic view finder, but I would much rather have that resolution in the LCD.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic test bleach, love seeing true anamorphic on these cameras.

I am also looking foreward to the next-gen video capabilities from Canon and Nikon. Mainly the compression of the video output on the camera's.

Personally I think with the new Thunderbolt connector supposedly going to be on next gen Canon and Nikon pro-bodies we'll see either 4k or near-raw data output. And when that happens, we are in for a fun ride Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Geoff,

I was thinking of replacing my 17inch Macbook Pro 2006 model For the newest one with The Thunderbolt connector, I will eventually. But, as long as I can edit with Avid Media Composer 5.0.3 with DNxHD 175X/175 trancoded canon H.264 files, I will stick to spending the money on either a possible Canon 8D or Nikon D400.

I hope Nikon does regain its lead in the DSLR market segment. I have a Canon 7D but I have a Nikon glass used with lens adapters. I mean Nikon has the D3 series pro-body cameras that can practically see in the dark. It would be nice if Nikon incorporated some of that low light capability in their Prosumer bodies along with their E.V.I.L mirrorless system with a possible 2k/4K external record capability, however I think their I E.V.I.L sysytem will only be implemented in the low-end point and shot type cameras.