Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay seller protection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Ebay seller protection Reply with quote

I sold a lens to Australia , buyer didn't pay it .. I did open 'final value receive claim'. Buyer did promise he will pay, Ebay did close case and refuse to receive final value credit. I did figure out how can I write email to customer support (wasn't simple as should).
I did ask them how can I receive 'final value credit' due buyer still didn't pay-

Look this bullshit answer: (Ebay answer shortly, no final value fee back all what can I do to block all Australia ..

Twisted Evil disgusting..

Hello Attila,

Thank you for writing to eBay regarding not receiving the final value fee for the item "120671946339 ".

When I checked in our database I can see that your case have been closed, but the buyer has declined the cancel transaction process so you cannot receive the final value fee for that item. In future you can block such buyers from bidding or buying the item.

Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to block bidders from the countries to which you do not ship your items.

1. Click "My eBay" at the top of any eBay page.
2. Click "Preferences" under 'My Account'.
3. Click "Show" against "Buyer requirements" under the section "Selling Preferences". Now, you will be able to view a "Edit" link in this section, click on the "Edit" link.
4. On the next page you will see a list of check boxes. A checked box means you have selected the preference.
5. Check the first box which says "Buyers in countries to which I don't ship" and click "Submit" button located at the bottom of this page. This will ensure that bidders from the countries to which you do not ship your items, will be blocked from bidding for your items.

I trust this information is useful to clarify your concern. If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Kate Sutton
eBay Customer Support

Certainly no reply possibility on Ebay email...

I did send to them another message.

Are you sure , best answer to block whole Australia from my shop ?! Pretty disgusting, I found one liar only, not a country who is liar... please refund me final value credit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't even be a dispute...how can ebay just go and close cases without a resolution? The buyer didn't pay = refund of fees. Come on, ebay Rolling Eyes Block a whole country from buying...seriously? Confused

ebay has done a very good job burying ways to contact them with menus and clicks and such...they know it too. I wonder how much (non-refunded) seller's fees has been used to create their "Seller Resource Center" or whatever it's called today...

Best of luck Attila Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"eBay seller protection": a contradictio in terminis.

I'm getting old, but I was on eBay when they were called "AuctionWeb" and the full URL was http://www.ebay.com/auctionweb. It was fun and all, but then came the big money and the top sellers with millions of the same listings over and over again. Then came the big $$$ camera stores. eBay bought PayPal so they could steal even more $$$ and the fun went out of the window. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the buyers eBay name? I would like to avoid them....and also see if they sell your lens... Confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
What was the buyers eBay name? I would like to avoid them....and also see if they sell your lens... Confused

ryzakbyron, lens is not sent out. I have to thank you for this buyer, I lost only 20 USD as Ebay fee. Count if I sell $$$ item and Ebay just do same.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila - did you open an unpaid item case ?

If you go to your ebay homepage there is a button Contact us at the top right hand corner. This takes you to a page with Customer support/Top Issues. One of these is How do I report an item that wasn't paid for ? Clicking here takes to to a page which shows you how to Open an Unpaid Item case - and eventually get your credit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Attila - did you open an unpaid item case ?

If you go to your ebay homepage there is a button Contact us at the top right hand corner. This takes you to a page with Customer support/Top Issues. One of these is How do I report an item that wasn't paid for ? Clicking here takes to to a page which shows you how to Open an Unpaid Item case - and eventually get your credit.

Yes, it was first step what I did. Buyer did promise in this case he will pay on same day. Ebay did close case , based on buyer promise and no way to open again even if I did inform customer support.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ebay did close case , based on buyer promise
Shocked Too easy for the dishonest people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
Ebay did close case , based on buyer promise
Shocked Too easy for the dishonest people.

yes, there is always some. I found at many big company customer service is really crap, seems Ebay is one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me more and more these days that eBay has geared its services in favor of buyers and is caring less and less about the happiness of its sellers. They seem to be very concerned about dishonest sellers, but apparently dishonest buyers don't exist within the eBayverse. I believe that the only reason why they can get away with this rather reprehensible behavior is because they have no real competition. Sellers have no real alternative to eBay, and of course eBay knows this. So, while they actively pursue new buyers, their attitude toward sellers seems to be, "Well, if you don't like it, too bad."

You folks in Europe, Oz and NZ have viable alternatives to eBay. We don't really in the US -- unless you want to consider Craigslist as one -- which for me it is increasingly becoming one. Still, it would be nice having another
real auction site here, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
It seems to me more and more these days that eBay has geared its services in favor of buyers and is caring less and less about the happiness of its sellers. They seem to be very concerned about dishonest sellers, but apparently dishonest buyers don't exist within the eBayverse. I believe that the only reason why they can get away with this rather reprehensible behavior is because they have no real competition. Sellers have no real alternative to eBay, and of course eBay knows this. So, while they actively pursue new buyers, their attitude toward sellers seems to be, "Well, if you don't like it, too bad."

You folks in Europe, Oz and NZ have viable alternatives to eBay. We don't really in the US -- unless you want to consider Craigslist as one -- which for me it is increasingly becoming one. Still, it would be nice having another

You should include the biggest China auction site. Wink Their offical instant messager is powerful and user friendly. It saved me a lot of time on my purchase.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats not correct. I bought a camera+lens a few month ago on ebay. Cam was broken, lens suffered from fall damage. I opened a buyer protection case and ebay told me to send the item back to the seller to get my money back. After a while they closed the case because the "could not verify" that I send the item back (I provided tracking information). Now the seller refuses to refund me. He sold the camera a second time on ebay. I've lost my money and the item.

Ebay refuses to reopen the case. All they do is to send me automated answers to my inquieries to tell me how sorry they are. Twits.

cooltouch wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonzoo wrote:
Well, thats not correct. I bought a camera+lens a few month ago on ebay. Cam was broken, lens suffered from fall damage. I opened a buyer protection case and ebay told me to send the item back to the seller to get my money back. After a while they closed the case because the "could not verify" that I send the item back (I provided tracking information). Now the seller refuses to refund me. He sold the camera a second time on ebay. I've lost my money and the item.

Ebay refuses to reopen the case. All they do is to send me automated answers to my inquieries to tell me how sorry they are. Twits.

Even more sh*... sorry to hear that. Did you left negative feedback for him at least ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin, I wasn't aware of China's auction site. Glad to read it works.

Sorry to hear about your experience, Gonzoo, but I believe if one were to analyze eBay's behavior in total, one would see it skewed in favor of the buyer.

Nonetheless, your experience is just another reason why there really needs to be a viable alternative. With competition, eBay will improve. I hesitate to state this because I am basically opposed to most things that Microsoft does, but M$ has a long habit of intruding into market segments its never been involved in before, and often ends up dominating them. For example: M$ Word, Excel, IE, the X-Box, etc. Most recently "Bing." If M$ were to intrude into the auction business, for sure one thing it would do would cause eBay to stop being a bunch of millionaire jerks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila did you tell the buyer he cost you that amount of money by his stupid action of not canceling the transaction? I did not realize you lost a lot of money till I saw the calculation on the other post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Attila did you tell the buyer he cost you that amount of money by his stupid action of not canceling the transaction? I did not realize you lost a lot of money till I saw the calculation on the other post.

Buyer did response only once when he did confirm he didn't want to cancel this transaction. I sent to him 6 emails, no reply.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few email, finally I got back final value fee from Ebay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it was a happy ending...What an idiot for not canceling the transaction...people are strange Confused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got the money back. Has the buyer sold something before? It's very inconsiderate of him to refuse canceling transaction while not paying.

Is there a way to set up ebay block list to block specific problematic buyers?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Glad you got the money back. Has the buyer sold something before? It's very inconsiderate of him to refuse canceling transaction while not paying.

Is there a way to set up ebay block list to block specific problematic buyers?

I had a look at his feedback he is only a buyer,and only a small amount of buys...although Attila did explain to him via emails...so really there was no excuse. Confused ...luckily ebay must have seen this and did the right thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember as well there is a black list when you can disable individuals too. I did never use it , due same bad boy never come 2x. To disable countries, zero feedback users is silly, I have great buyer from all countries and very few nasty ones from each. Just same case with zero ones, only way in my opinion ask Ebay for refund, mostly pleasant automatic process. This was only the difficult not easy one under years. Overall Ebay community is a wonderful place of people vs my customers in graphic design business. In used photo business from 200 transaction 1-2 is problematic and mostly solve well finally. In graphic design business from 10 transaction 6 is problematic Twisted Evil you can't imagine how many assholes we have as customer.