Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simple leaf shutter -> Interface of cetral shutter lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Simple leaf shutter -> Interface of cetral shutter lenses Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to get a simple leaf shutter. I got this Agfa Isolette with supposedly pretty good lens but the shutter doesn't work. It has been such since I got it and it is not possible to fix it.

I thought it was possible to take the bellows apart and put some sort of a leaf shutter behind the lens. Then the camera won't obviously fold but doesn't matter. I like more the functionality than looks.

View camera shutters could work but are expensive. Main problem is that the hole should be pretty big to avoid vignet (ok who cares when the construction is such strange). Thats why can't use cheap 35 mm compact's shutter.

Probably will construct a shutter with just one leaf and one time from some scrap metal .. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Forgetting adding an extra shutter behind lens. Shutters too expensive and DIY too much work. And the Solinar is not THAT good of a lens.

So the next idea is getting a medium format lens with a central shutter. They are not that expensive today (from 80€) and the quality is something very different.

Does anyone know where to get for example Mamiya RB67 mount specifications?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Ok. Forgetting adding an extra shutter behind lens. Shutters too expensive and DIY too much work. And the Solinar is not THAT good of a lens.

So the next idea is getting a medium format lens with a central shutter. They are not that expensive today (from 80€) and the quality is something very different.

Mounting an MF lens like that on the Isolette isn't necessarily very easy. First you'll need to find a lens with a suitable registration distance, i.e. slightly longer than the RD of the Isolette, and then you'll have to mount it just at the correct distance from the film plane (at an accuracy of better than +/- 0.1 mm), or you'll have to prepare a new distance scale for the lens. However, given the unavoidable film flatness problems of a folder camera, this probably would be just wasting a good lens. Personally, I'd rather get another, working camera and just forget this one or convert it into a pinhole camera.

Veijo