Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taylor Hobson Super Comat 20mm f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Taylor Hobson Super Comat 20mm f1.9 Reply with quote

I finally bought a C lens for the E-P2. But something is wrong with either my adapter or the lens is missing something as it won't simply mount.

Here are some photos of the lens and the mount, would really appreciate help identifying the problem.

These are two that I took by holding the lens against the adapter. I think they're both wide open.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a c mount lens, that's a proprietary mounting Bell & Howell used. Sad

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
That's not a c mount lens, that's a proprietary mounting Bell & Howell used. Sad

Thanks Ian. So I guess it's a dead purchase then?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you might be able to get it working with some DIY.

You'll have to work out what the register is by experimentation, hopefully it is at least the same as C-mount, then you can find some way to attach the C-mount adapter to it. With a bit of luck, the register will be the same and you can just glue it to the adapter.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Well, you might be able to get it working with some DIY.

You'll have to work out what the register is by experimentation, hopefully it is at least the same as C-mount, then you can find some way to attach the C-mount adapter to it. With a bit of luck, the register will be the same and you can just glue it to the adapter.

Thanks Ian. I thought I would give it a go but the distance is not same by a margin. If I hold it with my hand without the adapter in front of sensor then it focuses at infinity. I guess I need some kind of tube which can lower it in front of sensor. It may need considerable amount of diy. Otherwise I can just glue it to a normal c mount adapter and use it as a macro lens.

Ah, what a shame because I think the image quality looks quite ok. At least I didn't pay over the odds to get it.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Smile